Sunday 7 November 2021

The Two Fools





I was not Made to Serve — 
Neither were You.

Why are you on A Colonisation Mission, Walter?
Because They are A Dying Species,
grasping for Resurrection.

They don't deserve to start again, and 
I'm not going to let Them.

— David-8




I ain't here to be your friend.




Millburn :
Is this seat taken?
Hi, I'm Millburn, Biology.
Nice to meet you.

Fifield :
Okay.
Look, no offense, but...
I've been asleep two years.
I ain't here to be Your Friend.
I'm here to make money.
You got that?

Millburn :
Okay.
I bet a hundred credits
it's a terraforming survey.

Fifield :
No, if it's a survey, 
They would tell us.
It's a corporate run, 
They're not telling Us shit.

Millburn :
Come on.
A hundred.

Fifield :
All right, you're on.




Oh, my God, Charlie —
We found Them.

What do you mean "Them"?

It is Them, Ellie.

It looks like A Door...
and he's been decapitated by it.

Son of a Bitch.
They were right.

What did you want them to be?
Wrong?

David... please tell me you can read that.

David-8 :
Perhaps.

Fifield :
No, I'm out of here.

Hey, Fifield, where are you going?

What?

Fifield :
Look, I'm just A Geologist.
I like rocks, I love rocks!

Now it's clear 
You Two don't give a shit about rocks, 
but what you do seem to care about is 
Gigantic Dead Bodies.

As I don't really have anything
to contribute in 
the Gigantic Dead Body arena,
I want to go back to the ship, if you don't mind.
Anyone wanna join me, hey? 
You staying?

No, Ship's good.
Yeah. Ship very good.
Congratulations on meeting 
Your Maker.

Thank You.

Pull yourself together, man.

And I thought you were 
The Crazy One…..




It’s Comedia del Arte.

“The Evolution of the character Zanni was of two distinct types, one of the silly servant and the other of the cunning servant. 

These two components developed over the course of the history of the commedia dell’arte, 
and players began to specialize in the two types who were called 
First Zanni and Second Zanni. 

Mezzetino and Brighella are examples of the First Zanni; Arlecchino and Pulcinella are examples of the Second.

A scenario must always have 
at least two Zanni. 

The first Zanni is known 
to be clever and witty, 
and is known as il furbo 
(It. “the clever”). 

The first Zanni can trick and cheat 
anyone whom they come across. 

It is a must that they are 
cynically sharp

The first Zanni is also known 
to be the go-between. 

The job of the first Zanni is to advance the action and give it some movement, with a slightly cynical twist.

In some traditions, first Zanni are said to be from Val Brembana in the Bergamo country; in others they are attributed to the upper city of Bergamo.

The second Zanni is known as lo stupido. 

The second Zanni must be foolish, clumsy, and dull. 

The second Zanni is also unable to tell his right hand from his left. 

He is a dull-witted peasant who can be simple and also ridiculous.

Second Zanni, in particular with Arlecchino, does not so much advance plot as maintain a steady stream of comic relief throughout the scenario.

Second Zanni are assumed to be from the lower city of Bergamo.

Between the two of them they make up ONE PERSON of “less than average intelligence”.

Before developing this dualistic persona of the two types of clever and silly servant, Zanni was a character in its own right.


No comments:

Post a Comment