Tuesday 2 November 2021

This is The Truth That Kills You



Yeah, he doesn't want to be found.


Stop. It's no use.


I'm asking you to let him go.


There's nothing you can do.


— William 


You can’t Protect Me.

You can’t “Keep Me Safe.”

You Have to Trust Me
You Have No Choice
Trust Me, and I can Save You.
I can Save Us All
Trust Me to Save The World.





Lecter :
……I won't waste your time or Catherine's time
bargaining for petty privileges.

Clarice Starling
and that awful Jack Crawford
have wasted far too much time already.

I only pray they haven't 
doomed the poor girl.

Let Me Help You Now,
and I Will Trust You 
when it is all over.



1992 : In a Motel room in The Great State of Washington it is somewhere around 3 a.m. — FBI Special Agent Dr. Dana Scully is laying on the bed and her brand new partner, Fox ‘Spooky’ Mulder sits in front of it on the floor.

MULDER
I was twelve when it happened.  
My sister was 8. 
She just disappeared out of her bed one night. 

Just gone, vanished. 
No note, 
no phone calls, 
no evidence of anything.

SCULLY
You never found her.

MULDER
It tore The Family apart. 
No one would talk about it. 

There were no facts to confront, 
nothing to offer any hope.


SCULLY
What did you do?


MULDER
Eventually, I went off to school in England, 
I came back, got recruited by The Bureau. 
Seems I had a natural aptitude 
for applying behavioural models 
to criminal cases.

My Success allowed me a certain freedom to pursue my own interests. 
And that's when  [ Reggie/Diana Fowley, and] I came across The X-Files.

(He turns to face her.)

SCULLY
By accident?

[ A. No. ]

MULDER
At first, it looked like a garbage dump for UFO sightings, 
alien abduction reports, 
the kind of stuff that most people laugh at as being ridiculous. 
But I was fascinated. 
I read all the cases I could get my hands on, hundreds of them. 
I read everything I could about paranormal phenomenon, 
about the occult and...

(He sighs and drifts off into thought.)

SCULLY
What?

MULDER
There's Classified Government Information I've being trying to access, 
but someone has been blocking my attempts to get at it.

SCULLY
Who? I don't understand.

(She sits up a little.)

MULDER
Someone at A Higher Level of Power. 
The only reason I've been allowed to continue with My Work is because I've made connections in Congress.

SCULLY
And they're afraid of what? 
That, that you'll leak this information?

MULDER
You're a part of that agenda, you know that.

SCULLY
I'm not a part of any agenda. 
You've got to Trust Me —
I'm here, just like you, to solve this.

(He moves closer, kneeling.)

MULDER
I'm telling you this, Scully, 
because you need to know, 
because of what you've seen. 

In My Research, I've worked very closely with a man named Dr. Heitz Werber and he's taken me through deep regression hypnosis. 
I've been able to go into my own repressed memories to the night My Sister disappeared. 
I can recall a bright light outside and a presence in The Room. 
I was paralysed, unable to respond to My Sister's calls for Help.

(He moves even closer, talking louder.)

Listen to Me, Scully, 
This Thing EXISTS.

SCULLY
But how do you know...

MULDER
The Government knows about it, 
and I gotta know 
what They're protecting

Nothing else matters to me
and this is as close as I've ever gotten to it.



My Dear Will. 


You must be healed by now.

On The Outside, at least.


I hope you're not too ugly.


What a collection of scars you have!


Never forget who gave you The Best of Them.


And be grateful.


Our Scars have The Power to remind us that The Past was Real.


We live in a primitive

time, don't we, Will?


Neither Savage nor Wise.


Half-measures are The Curse of it.


Any rational Society would either kill me or put me to some use.


So you Dream much, Will?

I think of you often.


Your Old Friend, 

Hannibal Lecter.


Hannibal? There's someone here to see you.


Wants to ask a few questions.

I said you'd probably refuse.


A young woman. Says she's from the FBI.


Though she's far too pretty, if you ask me.


I'll tell her you said no.


What is her name?


No comments:

Post a Comment