Tuesday 16 November 2021

Save The World, or Die Trying


I Know Who I am.
I Know What I am Doing.
And I Have A Duty.










Where am I?

In The Village.

Who are You?

The NEW Letter ‘M’ :
The Prime Minister's talked to Moscow. 
It was "an accident on a training exercise"

7 :
Governments Change
The Lies stay the same. 
What else do we know about Janus? 

M :
Top-flight arms dealers, headquartered in St Petersburg.

7
Restocked the Iraqis during the Gulf War. 
The head man's unreliably described. No photographs. 
The Woman, Onatopp
is our only confirmed contact. 

M :
Would you care for A Drink? 

7 :
Thank You. 

Your Predecessor kept some cognac... 

M :
I prefer bourbon
Ice? 

7 :
Yes. 

M :
We pulled the files on whoever may have had Access or Authority at Severnaya. 
The top name on the list's an old friend of yours, I understand. 

7 :
Ourumov. They made him 
A General. 

M :
He sees himself as the next 
"Iron Man of Russia". 
Our political analysts say he doesn't fit the profile of A Traitor. 

7 :
Are these the same analysts who said that GoldenEye couldn't exist
Who said The Helicopter posed no threat 
and wasn't worth following

M :
You Don't Like Me, Bond. 
You Don't Like My Methods
You think I'm An Accountant, a bean-counter, 
more interested in numbers 
than in Your Instincts.

7 :
.....the Thought had occurred to me.

M :
Good. Because I Think You're 
A Sexist, Misogynist Dinosaur
A Relic of The Cold War, 
whose Boyish Charms, 
though wasted on me, 
obviously appealed to 
that Young Woman 
I sent out to evaluate you.

7 :
Point Taken. 

M :
Not quite. 
If you think I don't have The Balls 
to Send A Man out to Die, 
Your Instincts are Dead Wrong. 
I've no compunction about 
sending you to Your Death. 

But I won't do it on a whim
even with your cavalier attitude towards Life. 

I Want You to Find GoldenEye
Find who Took it, 
What They plan to Do with it, and Stop it. 

If you come across Ourumov, Guilty or Not, don't run off on a vendetta. 


Avenging Alec Trevelyan 
will not bring him back.

7 :
You didn't get him killed.

M :
Neither did you
Don't make it personal. Never

And Bond... 
Come Back Alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment