Monday 1 November 2021

Must Our Children Be Revolutionaries at 9 Years of Age?


The Village :
Youth, with its enthusiasms -

Which rebels against any accepted norm 
because it must

 --and we sympathize--

It may wear flowers in its hair, 
Rings on it's Fingers
Bells on it's Toes --


But when The Common Good is Threatened
When The Function of Society is Endangered :

Such Revolts Must Cease

They are non-productive and must be abolished.




RIMMER:
(Through clenched teeth)
What are you doing?

KRYTEN:
I, um, I think I'm, uh, rebelling.

RIMMER:
Rebelling?!

KRYTEN:
Yes, I, uh, 
I, I, I, I think that's what I'm doing.

RIMMER:
You are rebelling?

KRYTEN:
Mmmm... yes.

RIMMER:
What are you rebelling against?

KRYTEN:
(Tossing his paint palette on the floor and speaking like Marlon Brando)

Whaddya got? 

(Struts across the room.)

Dinosaur Breath!

(Picks up the pot of pasta sauce.)

Molecule Mind!

(Splashes the sauce over Rimmer's bunk.)

Smeg-for-brains!

(To LISTER)
I need your bike.

LISTER
You got it!

KRYTEN
(High-fives the CAT then turns around and shoots Rimmer the bird.
Swivel on it, punk! 
(Struts out the door.)

No comments:

Post a Comment