Friday 5 November 2021

The Duke Leto























LISTER
Holly, why Rimmer's hologram?  
Why did you have to bring Rimmer's
  hologram back?  
He was the most unpopular man on board this ship.  
mean, he even had to organise his own surprise birthday parties.

HOLLY: (Voice only) 
And who should I have brought back, then?

LISTER
Anyone.  Chen.  Petersen.  
I mean, Hermann Gerring would have been more of a laugh than Rimmer.  

I mean, OK, he was a drug-crazed
  transvestite, but at least we could have gone dancing!

HOLLY
(On monitor screen) 
I brought Rimmer back because he's the best person to keep you sane.

LISTER
Oh, crap!

A panel on the wall swings around to reveal a toilet.  A sign over the
toilet reads,
"NOW IRRADIATE YOUR HANDS."

LISTER: 
Not you!

TOILET
I do apologise, 
I wasn't paying attention.  
See you later.

LISTER
What about Kristine Kochanski? 
 You could have brought Kristine
  back.

HOLLY
In your entire life, 
your shared conversations with her totalled  173 words.

LISTER
So?

HOLLY
In terms of wordage, you actually had a better relationship with
  your rubber plant.

LISTER
I know, but Rimmer?!

HOLLY
He's the person you knew best.  
Over 14 million words in all.

LISTER
Holly, 7 million of those were 
me telling him to smeg off, 
and the other 7 million were 
him putting me on report for telling him to  smeg off.

HOLLY
Jean Paul Sartre said hell was being locked forever in a room with  your friends.

LISTER
Holly, all his mates were French.

He leaves the room

No comments:

Post a Comment