Tuesday 5 October 2021

Then Where Would I Be?




KITT
Of all the irresponsible behaviour — 
To leave Me with 
My Keys in The Ignition, 
and My Doors open.

Archangel Michael
Big Gesture• 
I’m SORRY, it WON’T happen again.

KITT —

• The Silence of God. •

KITT.

• The Silence of God. •

•sigh.• I SAID, I was Sorry.

• The Silence of God. •

WHADDAYA WANT FROM ME?

KITT
A Little Consideration 
would be A Beginning.

Archangel Michael
I have a LOT on My Mind; 
and We’ve got a Lot of Work to Do.

KITT :
If it weren’t for Me
You’d Be Walking.

Archangel Michael : 
If it weren’t for YouI’d be missing 
my most important rendezvous — 
The Whole Point of My Mission.

I am very, VERY 
Grateful to You.

KITT :
OUR Mission.

Archangel Michael : 
OUR Mission…..
Forgiven?

KITT :
…. I suppose so. After all,
We’re Only Human, right?

Archangel Michael
DON’T Press Your Luck.

KITT :
It was just A Thought.


It’s not Complaining, it’s Scolding
THERE’S A DIFFERENCE.

 I could try to read this, 
or I could eat my lunch while it's still hot. 
We're doing well? 

STERN :
Yes. 

Better this month than last? 

STERN :
Yes. 

Any reason to think 
next month will be worse? 

STERN :
The War could end. 


…..what? 

STERN :
There is a machinist outside who'd like to thank you personally for giving him a job. 

Every day he comes. 
He's very grateful. 

It'll just take a minute. 

Mr. Lowenstein? 

I want to thank you, sir, 
for giving me the opportunity to work. 

You're welcome. 
I'm sure you're doing a great job. 

The SS beat me up. 
They would have killed me, 
but I am essential to the war effort, thanks to you. 

That's great. 
I work hard for you. 

I'm sure you do. 

I'll continue to work hard for you. 

That's great. 
Thanks. 

God bless you, sir. 
All right. 

You are a good man. 
He saved my life. 

STERN :
Yes, he did. 

God Bless him. 

STERN :
Yeah. Come on. 


God Bless you. 

STERN :
I'm sorry, Herr Direktor, 
but you're running very late. 
This is for the Obersturmbannfuhrer, sir. 
And this is for his niece, Greta. 
It's her birthday. Greta as in Garbo. 

By the way, don't ever 
do that to me again. 

Go, go, drive! 
Don't bow. 

Did you happen to notice that 
that man had one arm

STERN :
Did he? 

What’s his use?

STERN :
Very useful. 

How

STERN :
Very useful! 
Success!


You shouldn't think of them as yours, Oskar. 
You need to understand that some of the officers here don't give a damn about production. 

To them, it's a matter 
of National Priority 
that Jews be made to shovel snow. 

It's got nothing to do with Reality, Oskar. 
You know it and I know it. 

Jews shoveling snow, 
it's got a ritual significance. 


Come with me. 

I am an essential worker. 
Essential worker? 

Yes. I work for Oskar Schindler. 

Essential worker for Oskar Schindler. 
A one-armed Jew? 
Twice as useless! Yes, yes. I lost a day of production, Rolf. I work for Oskar Schindler. Danka, look at the snow. Look at the snow. Look at the snow! 

I lost a worker. 
I expect to be compensated


File a grievance with 
The Economic Office. 
It's your right. 

Would it do any good? 

Of course not. 
A big shot from the SS Budget and Construction Office came to lunch, and he told us 
that to believe The Jewish skilled worker 
had a place in Reich Economics was a treasonable idea. 

A one-armed machinist, Oskar? 

He was a metal press operator
Quite skilled. 


Schindler is having sex in bed with one of his mistresses.

There is a determines knock at the door.

POLDEK :
Herr Direktor? 


Shit. I don't believe it. 
Stern, is that you? 

POLDEK :
No, it's Poldek. 
It's about Stern. 

Leave your luggage on The Platform. 
Clearly label it. 
Given name first, 
then your surname. 

Do not bring your baggage with you. 
It will follow you later. 
Leave your luggage on the platform. 
Clearly label it. 

Stern? He's on The List. 

He is? Well, let's find him. 

TAUBER :
I'm sorry. You can't have him. 
He's on The List. 
If he were an essential worker 
he would not be on The List. 

I'm talking to a clerk. 
What is Your Name? 

TAUBER :
Sir, The List is correct

I didn't ask you about The List. 
I asked you Your Name

TAUBER :
Klaus Tauber. Tauber. 
Hauptscharfuhrer, this gentleman thinks a mistake's been made. 


My Plant Manager is 
somewhere on this train. 
If it leaves with him on it, 
it'll disrupt production 
and the Armaments Board 
will want to know why

Is he on The List? 

TAUBER :
Yes, sir. Itzhak Stern. 

Well, The List is correct, sir. 
There is nothing I can do. 

What is Your Name? 

TAUBER :
Close and secure all doors.

KUNDER :
 My Name? My Name is Kunder. This train is now leaving. 
Kunder. Hauptscharfuhrer Kunder. 

K-U-N-D-E-R. 

KUNDER :
And what's yours? 

Schindler. 

KUNDER :
S-C-H-I-N-D-L-E-R. 

Gentlemen, thank you very much. 
I think I can guarantee you 
you'll both be in Southern Russia 
before the end of the month. 
Good day. 

Zamykac dokladnie drzwi. Dokladnie zamykac drzwi. 
Stern! Stern! Stern! Itzhak Stern! 
Stern! Itzhak Stern! Stern! Stern! 
Itzhak Stern! Stern! 

Sir? 

Stern! 

STERN :
Herr Direktor. My apologies. 

Stop The Train! He's here! 

STERN :
I apologize. 

Stop the train! 
Stop the train! Stop it! 

KUNDER :
Sign here. Initial there. 
Makes no difference to us
you understand. 
This one, that one. 

It's the inconvenience 
to The List. 
It's the paperwork

STERN :
I somehow left 
my work card at home. 
I tried to explain Them 
it was a mistake, but... 
I'm sorry, it was stupid

SCHINDLER :
What if I got here 5 minutes later? 
Then where would I be?

No comments:

Post a Comment