Monday 4 October 2021

Sole Survivor





Look upon My Legacy, Algrim. 
I can barely remember a time before The Light. 

Our Survival will be your legacy. 

The Asgardians will suffer as we have suffered.
I will reclaim The Aether. 
I will restore Our World. 

And I will put an end 
to This Poisoned Universe.



Final Report of the commercial starship Nostromo, 
Third Officer Ripley Reporting. 

The other members of The Crew - 
Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, 
and Captain Dallas 
- are Dead. 

Cargo and Ship destroyed. 
I should reach The Frontier in about six weeks. 

With a little luck, 
The Network will pick me up. 

This is Ripley, 
Last Survivor of The Nostromo, 
signing off.

[to Jonesy the cat] 

Come on, cat.



This is an S.O.S Distress Call from The Mining Ship Red Dwarf. 
The Crew are Dead, 
killed by a radiation leak. 

The Only Survivors are 
Dave Lister
who was in suspended-animation during The Disaster, 
and his pregnant cat 
who was safely sealed in The Hold. 

Revived 3 million years later, 
Lister's only companions are, 
a life form who evolved from his cat 
and Arnold Rimmer
a hologram simulation 
of one of the dead crew. 

I am Holly, The Ship’s Computer 
with an IQ of 6,000 - 
The same IQ of 6,000 P.E. teachers, or 12,000 Car Park Attendants.


No comments:

Post a Comment