Monday 18 October 2021

Do Not TOUCH The Glass, Do Not APPROACH The Glass









Dr. Chilton :
Senator Martin, 
Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

Sr. Martin :
Dr. Lecter.
I brought an affidavit
guaranteeing Your New Rights.
You'll want to read it before I sign.

Lecter :
……I won't waste your time or Catherine's time
bargaining for petty privileges.

Clarice Starling
and that awful Jack Crawford
have wasted far too much time already.

I only pray they haven't 
doomed the poor girl.

Let Me Help You Now,
and I Will Trust You 
when it is all over.

Sr. Martin :
You have My Word. Paul?


Lecter :
Buffalo Bill's real Name is 
Louis Friend.

I met him just once.

He was referred to me in 
April or May 1980
by My Patient Benjamin Raspail.

They were lovers, you see.

But Raspail had become very frightened.
Apparently, Louis had murdered A Transient
and done things with The Skin.

Paul :
We need his address
and a physical description.


Lecter :
Tell me, Senator,
Did You Nurse Catherine Yourself?

Sr. Martin :
What?

Lecter :
Did you breast-feed her?

Paul :
Wait a minute.

Sr. Martin :
Yes, I did.


Lecter :
Toughened your nipples
didn't it?

Paul :
You son of a bitch!

Lecter :
Amputate A Man's leg,
and he can still feel it tickling.

Tell me, Mom, 
when your little girl
is on The Slab, 
where will it tickle you?

Sr. Martin :
Take This Thing back to Baltimore.


Lecter :
Five-foot-ten, strongly built,
about 180 pounds.

Hair blond, eyes pale blue.
He'd be about 35 now.

He said he lived in Philadelphia
but may have lied.

That's all I can remember, Mom.
But if I think of any more,
I will let you know.

Oh, and, Senator, 
just one more thing.

LOVE Your Suit.






I graduated from UVA, Doctor.

It is not a Charm School.


Good. Then you should 

be able to remember 

The Rules.



Do Not TOUCH The Glass.

Do Not APPROACH The Glass.


You pass him nothing 

but soft paper.

No pencils or pens.

No staples or paper clips 

in his paper.


Use the sliding food carrier.

NO Exceptions.

If he attempts to pass you anything, DO NOT ACCEPT IT.

Do you Understand Me?







No comments:

Post a Comment