Monday, 11 October 2021

The Empty Chair



Capt. James T. KIRK: 
You know, maybe this is less about an empty house than 
That Empty Chair 
on The Bridge of The Enterprise. 

Ever since I left Starfleet I haven't made a difference. ...

Captain of The Enterprise, huh?


Capt. Jean-Luc PICARD: 
That's right.


Capt. James T. KIRK: 
Close to retirement?


Capt. Jean-Luc PICARD: 
I'm not planning on it.


Capt. James T. KIRK: 
Let me tell you something : Don't! 

Don't let them promote you. 
Don't let them transfer you. 
Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, 
because while you're there, 
you can make A Difference.


Capt. Jean-Luc PICARD: 
Come back with me. 
Help me stop Soran. 
Make A Difference again.


Capt. James T. KIRK : 
Who am I to argue with the Captain of The Enterprise? ...

What's the name of that planet, ...Veridian Three?


Capt. Jean-Luc PICARD: 
Yes.


Capt. James T. KIRK : 
I take it the odds are against us, and the situation is grim?


Capt. Jean-Luc PICARD: 
You could say that.


Capt. James T. KIRK : 
You know if Spock were here, 
he'd say I was an irrational, 
illogical human being 
for taking on a mission like that. 

...Sounds like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment