Saturday 9 October 2021

Down




“I think that this is something that is opening for the first time - 
I think when I was younger, the mood for Men often involved Ascension.... 
I mean, that’s a heavy suggestion of Christ, with Ascension. 
And in the 60s, as you know, with Higher Consciousness 
and ‘Head’ material, was very strong.

So, it seems to me that the attempt to become a Man by ascending 
has not worked somehow.

And the movement I found valuable in my own life 
was the attempt to go down 
into certain Earth-energies or Sorrows, also. 

And only recently have I begun to associate that descent with also 
a descent into Childhood
and into the Sufferings and Loneliness of Childhood.” 

— Robert Bly.




Richie “Trashmouth” Tozier :
I should go back there. 
I just fucking left them in the lurch, man. 
I should go back there.

What the fuck are you talking about? Fuck that.
Fuck them.
I got dates in fucking Reno, man.

Stanley Uris,
Aged 13 :
Reflecting on the meaning of what I just read, 
the word "Leshanot" comes up a lot, which means 
"to change, to transform."

Which makes sense, I guess, 
because today I'm supposed to become A Man.

It's funny, though.

Everyone, I think, has some memories they're prouder of than others, right?
And maybe that's why Change is so scary.
'Cause the things we wish 
we could leave behind...

Good morning, Mike. 
How you doing?

...the whispers we wish 
we could silence...

His pa is the one. 
The one that set that fire.

...the nightmares we most want to wake up from,
the memories we wish we could change
the secrets we feel like we have to keep
are the hardest to walk away from.

The Good Stuff?
The pictures in our mind 
that fade away the fastest?
Those pieces of you 
it feels the easiest to lose.

Maybe I don't want to forget.

Maybe if that's what today is all about — forget it, right?

Richie “Trashmouth” Tozier :
Thank you, Stanley.

Stanley Uris,
Aged 13 :
Today, I'm supposed to become a man, 
but I don't feel any different.

I know I'm A Loser.
And no matter what, 
I always fucking will be.

Richie “Trashmouth” Tozier :
Thanks for showing up, Stanley.

No comments:

Post a Comment