Wednesday 19 October 2022

Every Day, You should show Your Mom some Expression of Love.



CUT TO: INT. THE WHITE HOUSE NORTHWEST LOBBY - DAY
Agent Simon Donovan, in casual clothes, walks in with a young black man, Anthony.

SIMON
You know what you should do? 
You should bring Your Mom 
a souvenir from 
The White House.

Everyday, you should show Your Mom 
some  expression of love. A smile. 
"You look pretty today, mom." 
A good smack on the ass, 
they always like.

Anthony chuckles.

SIMON
You know why you 
should give your mom 
an expression of 
love everyday?

ANTHONY
'Cause she raised me?

SIMON
Well, okay. I was gonna say 
just to make things easier”.

Simon pushes the doors to JOSH'S BULLPEN AREA, where he starts getting coffee.

ANTHONY
So, you're gonna be careful 
in New York, right?

SIMON
We're only going for a few hours.

ANTHONY
No, I mean when 
the crazy guy shows up.

SIMON
You don't think I can handle myself?

ANTHONY
Well...

SIMON
What?

ANTHONY
You got skills. I don't deny that. 
You can shoot, and you're athletic.

SIMON
But?

ANTHONY
You're slow-witted.

SIMON
Let the beatings begin.

ANTHONY
[laughs] You're not very bright, 
and the criminals can 
sense this about you.

Simon taps Anthony's face a couple of times and grabs his head for a headlock.

SIMON
Come here.

C.J.
Good morning.

C.J. is standing in the middle of the hallway, watching them. Simon lets
Anthony go and
almost dutifully stands to the side.

SIMON
Good morning.

C.J.
I thought you weren't on 'til this afternoon.

SIMON
I'm not. I arranged this for my friend Anthony here. Anthony, this is
Ms. Cregg.

ANTHONY
Hi.

C.J.
Hey. [They shake hands.]

SIMON
You think it's possible for Anthony 
to get a souvenir he can 
give to his mom?

C.J.
Sure, it is. [calls] Carol? [to Anthony] 
That's really sweet, Anthony. 
Doing something nice for your mom. 
[taps Simon on the shoulder
You should be like that.

SIMON
Yes.

Carol walks up.

C.J.
Could you set this gentleman up with a keychain?

CAROL
Yup. [walks off]

C.J.
It'll The the Seal of the President on it, and President Bartlet's signature,
and you
can tell your mom that you can't buy this in a souvenir shop. 
In fact, you can't buy it
anywhere 'cause it's against the law 
to sell the Seal of the President. 
You can only get it here.

ANTHONY
Yeah, but if the cops stopped me, aren't they gonna think I stole it?

C.J.
If the cops stopped you, they're gonna think you're an important person.

SIMON
Stop you for what?

ANTHONY
Whatever.

SIMON
Wait outside a second, will you?

ANTHONY
Yeah.

C.J.
Nice meeting you.

Anthony heads to the lobby. Simon and C.J. go inside C.J.'S OFFICE.

C.J.
Is he your nephew?

SIMON
No. I'm a Big Brother. We've been together about three years.

C.J.
Are you good at it?

SIMON
I don't know. He says he wants to be a Big Brother when he gets older,
so you know,
I guess...

C.J.
Listen. I was thinking there's really no reason for you to make the trip to
New York.

SIMON
Yeah?

C.J.
I'm gonna be traveling with the President the whole time.

SIMON
Can I say something?

C.J.
Sure.

SIMON
I'm not allowed to date a protectee.

C.J.
Who's trying to date you?

SIMON
I'm not allowed to kiss a protectee.

C.J.
Who's trying to kiss you?

SIMON
You did.

C.J.
No, I didn't.

SIMON
C.J., I'm trusted with a serious job.

C.J.
Aren't you not allowed to call a protectee by their first name?

SIMON
Yes, ma'am. I'm gonna take Anthony home.

C.J.
There's really no reason for you to come to New York.

SIMON
See you on the plane.

C.J. watches Simon go.

No comments:

Post a Comment