Monday 17 October 2022

Beyond The Waterfall

Supreme Executive Power derives 
from a mandate from the masses, not 
from some farcical aquatic ceremony!





 Arthur. 

Mom? 

King Orvax sacrificed me to 
The Trench, but I survived
I fought my way through 
as you did, and I ended up here


You've been here alone for 20 years? 

Yes. Come. Sit here.
 You must forgive me. 
Forgive me for everything. 

This happened because you had me

Not for having you. 
None of this is your fault. 
I made A Choice. I had to leave... 
To Save You, to Save Your Father. Tell me. Tell me about him. Is he... 

He still walks to the end of that dock. Every morning. Every day. 
Waiting for you. 
Why didn't you ever 
come back? 

Because the portal that brought you here won't let us return. 

The Trident is the only way back. 
But it is guarded by the Karathen. 
The creature from 
our legends, it's real. 
It lies beyond the waterfall. 

We'll go with you. 
We can fight it together. 


No. It's too powerful. 
I've tried many times over the years. 
The creature will only allow 
The True King to pass. 
….You're afraid


….Yes

Good. You're ready

Mera :
Atlantis has always had A King. 
Now, it needs something more

Arthur :
But what could be 
Greater Than A King? 

Mera :
A Hero. 
A King fights only for His Nation. 
You fight for everyone

Leviathan :
You do not belong here. 
I have guarded The Trident against 
false kings since The Beginning. 
And for a thousand years I have seen 
The Greatest Champions try and fail. 
But never have I sensed one as unworthy as you
You dare come here with your tainted mongrel blood to claim Atlantis' Greatest Treasure? 
So be it... Half-breed. 
You thought yourself worthy
You thought yourself A King? 
You dishonor This Place 
with Your Presence. 

Arthur :
Stop! You're right
I am a half-breed mongrel. 
But I did not come here 
because I thoughI was worthy. 
I know I'm NOT

Leviathan :
You understand me? 

Arthur :
I Do

Leviathan :
No mortal has conversed 
with me since King Atlan. 
Who are you? 

Arthur, The King :
I'm nobody
I came because 
I had No Choice
I came to Save My Home 
and The People That I Love. 
I came because The Trident 
is Their Only Hope.
 
And if that's not Good Enough... 
Then Screw You

Leviathan :
No Man has ever freed The Trident 
from Atlan's grip. Should he 
deem you unworthy... 
Well, I haven't feasted in eons, 
…and I am famished

The One True King.

No comments:

Post a Comment