Tuesday 18 October 2022

Quimper




But The Good Times 
couldn't last forever. 

[ Woman Screaming ] 
[ Screaming Continues ] 
No! My God, no

[ Renton Narrating ] 

I think Allison had been 
screaming all day... 
But it hadn't really 
registered before. 

[ Screaming ] 
She might have been screaming 
for a week for all I knew. 

[ Continues Screaming ] 
It had been days since I'd 
heard anyone speak. 

Help me! 

Though surely someone must have 
said something in all that time. 
[ Screaming Continues ] 
Surely to fuck someone must have. 

Allison. Allison! 

[ Allison Screaming ] 
Help me, please

Hey, calm down! 
[ Screaming Continues ] 

Spud :
Everything'll be just fine. 

[ Renton Narrating ] 
Nothing could have been 
further from The Truth. 

[ Both Screaming ] 

In point of fact, nothing 
was gonna be just fine. 

[ Screaming Continues ] 
On the contrary, everything 
was gonna be bad. ‘Bad’
I mean, everything was 
gonna be even worse 
than it already was

No! My God! No! No! 

[ Screaming Continues ] No! My God! No! No! 
[ Screaming Continues ] [ Allison Wailing ] - [ Wailing Continues ] - [ Softly ] Fuck. [ Wailing, Screaming Continue ] [ Renton Narrating ] 

It wasn't My Baby. She wasn't My Baby. Baby Dawn, she wasn't mine
Spud's, Swanney's, Sick Boy's?
I don't know.

[ Continues Screaming ] 

Maybe Allison knew, maybe not
I wished I could think 
of something to say. 
Something sympathetic
something Human

 Sick Boy :
Say something, Mark.

[ Allison Crying ]
Sick Boy  [ Loudly ] :
Fucking say something, huh? 

 Crying Continues ] 
 
Renton (quietly) :
I'm cooking-up.

[ Crying Continues ] 
[ Crying ] 
[ Continues Crying ]
[ Whimpering, Crying ] 

Allison :
Cook us up a shot, Rent. 
I really need a hit

[ Renton Narrating ] 
And so she did
I could understand that. 
To take The Pain away. 
So I cooked up, and she got a hit. 
But only after Me
That went without saying

Well, at least we knew 
Who The Father was now. 
It wasn't just The Baby 
that died that day. 
Something inside Sick Boy 
was lost and never returned. 

It seemed he had no Theory 
with which to explain a moment 
like this, nor did I.

 Our only response was to 
keep on going and fuck everything

Pile misery upon misery
Heap it up on a spoon and dissolve it 
with a drop of bile. 
Then squirt it into a stinking, purulent 
vein and do it all over againKeep on 
going, getting up, going out, robbing, 
stealing, fucking people over

Propelling ourselves with longing 
towards the day it would all go wrong
Because no matter how much you 
stash... or how much you steal
you never have enough. 

No matter how often you go out 
and rob and fuck people over... 
you always need to get up 
and do it all over again

No comments:

Post a Comment