Wednesday 24 July 2019

SPACE





SIMMONS: 
Let's try again.

Abby :
It's not gonna work.

SIMMONS: 
Come on.
You can do this, Abby.


[BREATHES DEEPLY] 
[FIST SLAMS] 

Abby :
I didn't mean to do that.

SIMMONS: 
No, but that was impressive.
You're powerful.

Abby :
Well, not if I can't do it when I actually want to.

SIMMONS: 
But you can.
It's Mind over Matter.
Or in your case, the literal Matter that makes up your body.

[BREATHES DEEPLY] 

SIMMONS: 
Think of This Place.
You see a table, this pitcher, and outside, the stars Millions of them.
All of that, every part in the universe is made of the same thing Protons, neutrons, electrons.
And you know what's between those tiny particles? Space.
Infinite Space.

Abby :
Okay.


[SIGHS] 

Abby :
Your body is like a field of stars, but you're special.
You can control the space between the stars.
The Space between The Stars.
Imagine it.
Close your eyes and imagine it.

[BREATHES DEEPLY] 

SIMMONS: 
Now try again.


[CHUCKLES] 
[BOTH LAUGH] 


Abby :
I've never been able to hold it steady like this before.

SIMMONS: 
That's good.
Just remember this feeling.


Abby :
I lost it.

SIMMONS: 
I - It's okay.
Takes months to master a talent.



BLUE #1 :
Did you set our little healer up to fail because I think she's pretty? 
Or did you really think she'd succeed? 
You want to see me happy.
Then tell me, what does Jemma have that makes her so different makes her capable to succeed in this? 

BLUE #2 :
Compassion.

BLUE #1 :
Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment