Monday 13 June 2022

Red





With blood and rage of crimson red,
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
Together with our hellish hate,
We'll burn you all,
That is Your Fate!


"Yes... By The Green Beam of My Ring -- I see that You are Honest!
And The BATTERY has already selected you as one born Without Fear!
So now you pass both tests, Hal Jordan...."










"Half the things I saw on the beat 
as a cop back in Baltimore, 
and half the things I see as a Lantern.

People being petty, and bitter, 
and refusing to give a single inch 
unless they get something in return.

Every time I think of kids 
getting into the corner trade 
because Life didn't give them 
any other choices.

Every time I have to open one 
of those damn clam-shell packages.

Convenience Fees.
Guys who hit their wives.
Funerals with tiny coffins.

My Dead Mom and My Drunk Dad,
and the way the first thing 
made the second thing.

Broken Trust.
People who refuse to see 
how Good they've got it.

People Who Prey.

The horrible things 
that happen everywhere, 
every day --

-- and the fact that even 
with this damn ring 
and all the Power 
it gives me --

-- I have to let most of them happen!

Abin Sur didn't think I was Good Enough.
"Back-up Green Lantern 
for Sector 2814."

"Back-up" means 
NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Couldn't make it as a cop. 
Washed out.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Hal sent me here.
I don't care how important The Mission is.
It's not being Green.
I was DISPOSABLE.
He didn't need me in His Corps.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

That's where The Real Rage 
comes from,
not what I've seen,
but What I AM.

They're Right.
All of Them.
Guy Gardner is 
NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

This is Where I Belong.
Somewhere I Don't Have 
to Be GOOD at All.

I'm DONE being The Good Guy."

GUY GARDNER OF EARTH --
WELCOME BACK TO 
THE RED LANTERN CORPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment