Wednesday 1 June 2022

Children Before Adults. Things Like That.

I suppose one of 

the few things one can do is... 

Simply hold on to priorities


Such as? 


Children before Adults

Things like that. 















“I Wish... 

There was somebody 

in This Life I could show... 

One... Instinctive, absolutely 

unbrisk person that I could 

take to Greece... 


And stand in front of certain shrines 

and sacred streams and Say: 

"Look... Life is only comprehensible through a thousand local gods. 


Not just The Old, Dead Gods, with names like 

Zeus but LIVING Geniuses 

of Place and Person

Not just Greece, but 

modern England


Here, spirits of certain TREES

of certain CURVES of brick wall,

 of certain fish-and-chip shops, 

if you like, and slate roofs, 

frowns in people, 

slouches." 


I'd Say to them: 

"Worship ALL You Can SEE, and MORE will appear." 


This Boy... with his stare... he's trying to Save Himself through me. 


I'd say so. 



What am *I* trying to do to HIM? 


Restore him. 


To what? 


A normal life.  



Normal? 


It still means something, you know. 


A normal boy has one head. 

A normal head has two ears. 



You know I don't... 


Then what do you mean? 


Stop it. 


I want to know. 


Look, My Dear... 

You know what I mean

by a normal smile in a child's eyes, 

and one that isn't, don't you? 


Yes. 


Then we have 

A Duty to THAT

surely, both of us. 



Touché. I'll talk to you. 


Martin. You're going through 

a rotten patch at the moment

I'm sorry —

I suppose one of 

the few things one can do is... 

Simply hold on to priorities


Such as? 


Children before Adults

Things like that. 



You're really quite splendid, you know that? 


Famous for it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment