Tuesday 6 July 2021

I Will Do The Killing.


GORAN'AGAR: 
You are A Soldier?


Chief Miles O'Brien :
I have been.



GORAN'AGAR: 
Then You Explain.


Chief Miles O'Brien :
He's Their Commander. 


They Trusted him. 


He can't Leave Them.




GORAN'AGAR: 
I Will Do The Killing

(He shoots Arak'Taral.

GORAN'AGAR: 
Take your ship and go. 

BASHIR: 
Goran'Agar, if you stay here, they'll kill you. 

GORAN'AGAR: 
Unless I kill them first. 
It would be better for them to die quickly in battle, than slowly as the drug runs out. 

BASHIR: 
You don't have to do this. 
Even if we can't save their lives, 
there's no need to sacrifice yourself. 

GORAN'AGAR: 
You are a soldier? 

O'BRIEN: 
I have been. 
GORAN'AGAR: Then you explain. 

(Goran'Agar shimmers away) 

O'BRIEN: 
He's their commander. 
They trusted him. 
He can't leave them. Julian.

[Captain's office]
(Sisko is working on his alien clock.) 

SISKO: Come in. 

WORF:
Captain, there is some information I would like to add to Security Chief Odo's last report. 
He did not feel it was necessary to include the details of my involvement, 
but I think you should know that I hindered his investigation. 

SISKO: 
Yes, I heard about what happened. 
Please, sit. Word gets around in a place like this. 
It's one of the things you have to get used to. 

WORF: 
One of many things, it seems. 

SISKO: 
Starfleet officers often have trouble learning the unofficial rules of the station. 
There's no manual to study. You have to learn things as you go. 
A little different than life on a starship. 

WORF: 
When I served on the Enterprise, 
I always knew who were my allies 
and who were my enemies. 


SISKO: 
Let's just say DS Nine has more shades of grey. 
And Quark definitely is a shade of grey. 
He has his own set of rules and he follows them diligently. 
Once you understand them, you understand Quark. 
I'd say that's true for everyone here. 
You'll fit in, Commander. Just give it time.


[Runabout Rubicon]

(WHOOSH! Back through the wormhole) 

KIRA [OC]: 
Kira to Rubicon. 
Docking platform two is open. 
Welcome back, gentlemen. 

O'BRIEN: 
Thanks, Major. 
You can bring me up on charges, you know. 

BASHIR: 
No, that's not really my style. 

O'BRIEN: 
I wish things could have been different, Julian. 

BASHIR: 
So do I. 

O'BRIEN: 
And I'm sorry I had to destroy your work. 

BASHIR: 
You didn't have to, Chief. You had a choice and you chose to disobey orders, override my judgment, and condemn those men to death. 

O'BRIEN: 
Yes, I did, because I thought it was the only way to save your life. 
Whatever else you may think of who I am and what I did, at least try to understand that. 

BASHIR: 
Tonight's supposed to be our weekly dart game. 

O'BRIEN: 
Don't worry. I don't feel much like playing either. 

BASHIR: 
Maybe in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment