Wednesday 28 July 2021

Hylas, The Latecomer




Jason :
Hercules!
He's here! 

Hercules :
I mean to sail with you. 
Tell me which Champion to beat. 

Jason :
No one. 
I know you can beat us all

Hylas :
Hercules... yes. 
Hercules.

Hercules :
Yes? 


Hylas :
I'm Hylas. 
I came too late to compete in the games. 

But if I can beat you at something
Jason must give me a place. 

After all, he might need brains as well as brawn. 
Shall we compete? 

Hercules :
Discus? 
Come on. 

See that rock? 
No thrower has ever reached it. 

Hylas :
Is the contest to hit it 
or pass it?


Hercules :
You won't get it half way.

Hylas :
After you. 
I've never thrown a discus before. 
I'd like to see how it's done. 

Jason :
(to red-faced Hercules)
Let Hylas have a moment of triumph.
You shall have your place.


Hail, Hylas.

No comments:

Post a Comment