Monday 1 March 2021

Who am I to Argue with The Captain of The Enterprise...?



(Kirk jumps a ravine on the horse and back)


KIRK: 

I must have jumped that fifty times. 

Scared the hell out of me. 

Except this time. 

...Because it isn't real.


(Kirk sees a woman on a horse on a distant hill)


PICARD (OC): 

Antonia?


KIRK: 

She isn't real either, is she? 

Nothing here is. 

...Nothing here matters.


KIRK: 

You know, maybe this is less about an empty house 

than that empty chair on the bridge of the Enterprise. 

Ever since I left Starfleet I haven't made a difference. 

...Captain of the Enterprise, huh?

PICARD: 

That's right.


KIRK: 

Close to retirement?


PICARD: 

I'm not planning on it.

KIRK:

Let me tell you something. Don't


Don't let them promote you. 


Don't let them transfer you. 


Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, 

you can make a difference.


PICARD: 

Come back with me. 

Help me stop Soran. 

Make a difference again.


KIRK: 

Who am I to argue with the Captain of the Enterprise? 

...What's the name of that planet, 

...Veridian Three?


PICARD: 

Yes.


KIRK: 

I take it the odds are against us, 

and the situation is grim?

PICARD: 

You could say that.

KIRK: 

You know if Spock were here, he'd say I was an irrational, illogical human being for taking on a mission like that. 


...Sounds like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment