Friday 14 June 2024

These are Pitiful Relics.

SEVEN
What possible use could you 
make of my intestines?

ALPHA
Unusual relics are prized. 
Yours will make me 
envied by men and 
pursued by women.

SEVEN: 
You are a crude species. 
Only your size makes
 you formidable.


These are Pitiful Relics.


ALPHA: 
You were pathetic prey. Easily taken.

(He pulls Tuvok to his feet, then Seven.)

ALPHA: 
The hunt was not satisfying.
 I want information. 
Why do you violate our property? 
I could snap your puny neck with one twist. 
Hardly worth taking. Answer me. 
Why do you use our modules?

TUVOK: 
We're trying to retrieve important messages from our home. Return us to our ship and we'll be 
on our way without trespassing again.

ALPHA: 
I took you in a fair hunt. 
I claim the relics of the chase.

(He puts a red mark over Seven's right eye.)

ALPHA: 
Are the others on your ship able to 
put up more of a fight than you?

SEVEN: 
You will find our captain a formidable 
opponent and our ship heavily armed.

ALPHA: 
Good. Strong prey makes 
for a better hunt.

(He marks Tuvok.)

TUVOK: 
Release us now and you'll be safe. 
Otherwise we will destroy you.

BETA: 
Pitiful relics.

ALPHA: 
They 'are the first of their kind. 
I will be envied.

BETA: 
I've located their ship. 
It's four thousand ketriks 
from the module.

ALPHA: 
We'll be there within the hour. 
Go to stalking mode. 
Why do you hesitate?

BETA: 
The rest of the group is on its way.

ALPHA: 
I wanted to claim this prey for myself.

BETA: 
We may not be able to take them alone. 
We need the strength of the others.

ALPHA: 
I won't share prey with the others. 
These two must be the only relics. 
Prepare them.

[Hirogen ship]

ALPHA: 
Are they prepared?

BETA: 
Yes. But now is not the time for it. 
We should wait until the others 
arrive and take the ship.

ALPHA: 
I want to make the first kill. 
You will verify it.

BETA: 
If there's a battle, 
we must join it.

ALPHA: 
The others can wage the battle.

BETA: 
Perhaps you are more interested in collecting relics. 
Perhaps your judgment is clouded.

ALPHA: 
Don't question me again. We do it now.

TUVOK: 
I suggest you think carefully about your decision. 
If you kill us, our captain will hunt 
you down and show no mercy.

ALPHA: 
I'm not concerned. Lower the harness. 
A long, coiled intestine. 
An interesting trophy.


SEVEN
What possible use could you 
make of my intestines?

ALPHA
Unusual relics are prized. 
Yours will make me 
envied by men and 
pursued by women.

SEVEN: 
You are a crude species. 
Only your size makes
 you formidable.



ALPHA: 
Your insults are as pitiful as your efforts to escape. 
This one first. I want the female to witness 
what will happen to her. 

Their bone structure makes cutting 
through the back difficult. 
This will take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment