Thursday 7 April 2022

The Door






Moe-Moe :
We need to get out of here now. 
We need to draw Virginia to us 
before she does something to them. 

Last time you locked 
yourself away up here, 
June washed up. 
Today, it was us
If that's not The Universe 
telling you to come back, 
I don't know what is

John Dorie :
Yeah. I just... 
I don't care to kill anyone. 

Moe-Moe :
Yeah, you called me 
a ghost, and I am. 
‘Cause all I'm here for 
is to free Our People, 
give that baby a chance 
at A Next World, 
one where, I don't know, 
all life might actually 
be precious. 
I think we can do it, John. 
I think it's not gonna be 
the way that we want it, 
but we can end it. 

John Dorie :
Alright. 
I-I ain't right. 
I just ain't
I'm sorry. I can't do it. 
But I will help you 
cross that bridge.


Moe-Moe :
I found something when I was working on the truck. 
Thought you might want it. 
That's you, isn't it? 
And Your Dad? 

John Dorie :
You know... 
I spent more of my life 
than I care to admit 
wondering why he never showed up 
that summer. 
Now I think I'm starting to get it. 
I ain't coming with you, Morgan. 

Moe-Moe :
You know you're stuck. 
Making the same mistakes 
you made before, and 
they're the same mistakes 
that he made. 
Man, it's like... 
It's like a loop.






John Dorie :
I'm not meant to live in This World. 
If I'd have just kept my nose out of it when Cameron was killed, 
Janis would still be alive. 
If I'd have shot Marcus 
when I had the chance, 
you wouldn't have nearly died. 

Moe-Moe :
Hiding away in that cabin 
ain't The Answer. 

John Dorie :
Best one I can think of. 

Moe-Moe :
[SCOFFS] 
You went looking for A Door 
to shut yourself away from The World, and You found Us
Does that not tell You anything? 
You're like that guy who walked halfway across the country to get away from the people he cares about most and found himself sitting across from your campfire. 
And because I found you, 
I found everybody I think of 
as Family right now. 
I found Grace. 
And that wouldn't have happened 
if you hadn't insisted 
that I sleep in the bed 
of your truck that night. 
You gave me that Family, man. 
You gotta help me get them back. 

John Dorie :
The best way I can 
think of to do that 
is get you across that bridge 
and then stay out your way. 

Moe-Moe :
That Door is not gonna keep us away. 
Not me, not June

John Dorie :
This Door ain't for keeping People out. 

Moe-Moe :
What the hell's it for, then? 

John Dorie :
It's to keep The Passed 
from getting at me after 
I do What I Need to Do.

No comments:

Post a Comment