Thursday 14 April 2022

I'm Just a Stupid Man.







Simon/Peter :
Master! It's a scandal for you to eat with These People!
Don't you know who They are?

We've lived our lives honourably.
Made sacrifices to keep The Law.

They are thieves, whores.
Violent and godless people.

And now you sit and eat with such people,
who spend their lives in orgies and perversions!

Him :
I've not come to call The Virtuous to repentance,
but The Sinnersand They might enter 
The Kingdom of Heaven before you...

James, The Just :
Listen, Master! If you go and eat with These People, 
They will contaminate You.
The whole town will abandon You!

Him :
James, The Heart of The Lord is Mercy.



He's here.
Quiet!

Peace be with you.

Thank you, for coming to my house.

Rabbi, you are welcome.
Welcome Rabbi.
Move!

 No, no, no, don't move. I prepared.

Why? This is my brother James.
He's in the same business I am.

I drink to You and All Here.

Rabbi, we want to hear your words
Please Speak to Us!

No, no, no, no, no!
Let's eat first!

No! Let Him decide.

No, no.
I'd Like to Tell You A Story.

Sit down! Sit down!

A certain man had Two Sons.
And one day The Younger of these sons said to His Father,
"Give me my share of your estate now."

So his father divided his wealth
between his two sons.

And a few days later, this Younger Son 
set off for A Distant Land,
and there he squandered all the
money he had on riotous living.

Now, not long after this,
a great famine swept over the land,
and The Boy began to starve.

He persuaded A Farmer to hire him to feed his pigs,
but he was so hungry that even the husks
he fed the swine began to look good to him.

And still, nobody gave him anything.

Finally, The Boy came to his senses :
"At Home, even My Father's Servants
had enough food, and to spare.

And here I am starving to death.

I will Go Home, and ask My Father
to hire me as one of His Servants."

And so, he set off.

Now he was still some distance from his
Home when His Father saw him coming,
and he was so filled with Compassion,
that he ran towards His Son and
embraced him and kissed him.

The Boy said,
"Father! I have sinned 
against Heaven and You.

I am not worthy to be 
called Your Son."

But His Father called for The
Servants and said,

“Bring me the finest robe in the
house and put it on him.

Put rings on his hands and shoes
on his feet!

Kill the fattest calf, we must
celebrate with a feast.

My son was dead and 
is alive again!”

Now, the older brother at this time
was working in the fields,
and as he came back to The House,
he heard the noise of 
Music and Dancing.

He called for one of The Servants
and asked what was happening,
 and he was told.

At this, the older brother became very angry and he refused to go into The House.

The father came out, tried to plead with him,
but he wouldn't listen.

I have worked for you all this time, all these years,
and never once have I disobeyed you!

And in all that time, you've never even gave me so much as a goat so that I could have a feast with my friends.

My younger brother comes back,
having spent all your money on harlots and for him you kill the fattest calf!

Please”, said The Father.

“Please. Try to understand.

You were always with me,
everything I have is yours.

But it is right to celebrate —
Your brother was dead 
and is alive again.

He was lost, and is found."


Levi, The Taxman :
Forgive me Master.
I am...

I'm just a stupid man.

No comments:

Post a Comment