Friday 2 August 2019

You're Supposed to Be Wise




CRUSHER: 
So that's The Story. 
That's how I ended my career. 

GUINAN: 
Backhand volley. 

CRUSHER: 
What? 

GUINAN: 
That's how I did it. 
Geordi kept hitting to my backhand at the net. 

CRUSHER: 
Guinan, two people died on this ship. 
Two lives that ended horribly and you're worried about your tennis game? 

GUINAN: 
Are you upset? 

CRUSHER: 
I don't know. You tell me. 
You're supposed to be Wise. 

GUINAN: 
Well, if you are upset, why are you moping around here? 
Why don't you do something about it? 

CRUSHER: 
I've done everything I could think of. 
It got me fired. 

GUINAN: 
Do you think Doctor Reyga killed himself? 

CRUSHER: 
No. 

GUINAN: 
Do you think there's a murderer on board? 

CRUSHER: 
Yes

GUINAN: 
Then why are you still sitting here? 

CRUSHER: 
Don't you get it? 
If I start digging around again.... I 

GUINAN: 
You could be relieved of duty.



CRUSHER [on viewscreen]: 
I think Doctor Reyga was right about his shield.
The only reason it failed is because it was sabotaged, and I'm going to prove it. 

PICARD: 
But you can't be certain of that. 
You're betting your life on a hypothesis. 

CRUSHER [on viewscreen]: 
I'm NOT WRONG.




[Corridor]

RIKER: 
Beverly? 

CRUSHER: 
Yes? 

RIKER: 
We've arranged for a shuttle to take you to Starbase twenty three. 
You can leave the ship at oh seven hundred hours tomorrow. 

CRUSHER: 
Thank you. 

RIKER: 
About everything that's going on. I'm sorry. I'm sure it will all work out. 

CRUSHER: 
Yes, of course. 

RIKER: 
You know the inquiry's just a formality, and 
Captain Picard will do everything he can for you. 

CRUSHER: 
I'm sure that'll help. 

RIKER: 
But if you do anything foolish before that inquiry. 
It's not going to look good for you. 

CRUSHER: 
I don't know what you mean. 

RIKER: 
I think you do know what I mean. 
The best thing for you to do right now is go to your quarters and read a good book. 
If you do anything to make the situation any worse it's going to be that much harder on you. 

[ Because He Believe That She is WRONG. And Guilty. ]

CRUSHER: 
Thank you, Commander. 
Your concern is noted. 

RIKER: 
Beverly. I'm saying this to you as a friend. 

CRUSHER: 
Yes, Will, I know. 
But, as a friend, please try to understand —
I can't quit now and I don't want you to become involved in this.

[Crusher's office]

CRUSHER: 
Computer, access ship's medical logs and download current autopsy files. 

COMPUTER: 
Autopsy files are restricted to active medical personnel only. 
Access denied. 

CRUSHER: 
Damn. 

OGAWA: 
Doctor Crusher? What do you need the autopsy files for? 

CRUSHER: 
Don't worry. I know I'm not supposed to be here. I'll go. 

OGAWA: 
Computer, access autopsy files. 

OGAWA: 
I assume you'll need the files on Doctor Reyga and Jo'Bril? 

CRUSHER: 
Alyssa. 


OGAWA: 
I can see how important this is to you. 

[ She Doesn’t CARE if She’s Wrong— She wants to help her friend. ]

CRUSHER: 
I don't want you to get involved in this. 

OGAWA: 
Is that an order, Doctor? 

CRUSHER: 
Yes. 

OGAWA: 
Too bad you're not my boss now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment