Thursday 22 August 2019

And Knowing is The Entire Battle

I, I’ve Been Watching You —

Do You Know Me? 
Do You Know What I Am? 
Do You Want to Know My Name? 











Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, 
you're not ready for The Big Moments. 

No one asks for their Life to change, not really. 

But it does

So what are we, helpless? 
Puppets? No. 

The Big Moments are gonna come. 
You can't help that. 

It's what you do afterwards that counts. 

That's when you find out 
Who You Are. 
 You'll see what I mean.

That Monologue saved My Life.

A Lot.








[KNOCK AT DOOR]
I don't know how to speak to you,
I don't know how...
[KNOCK]
What?!
Ooh!
I have good news.
- What?
- Victor's back from Europe.
Really?
Really?! Shit!


Lauren. Wait.
Hey, wait, Lauren.


Oh, my God!


Can't we talk?

No!

Lauren, don't walk... Hey!
I really did try to kill myself...just before I faked it.


Wow. Sean, it's over.


No, it's not!


Yeah, it is. I'm in love with somebody else.


Who?


Victor. It's none of your fucking business!


Fucking... Fucking Victor?


Yeah.


Then why the fuck are you writing me letters?


Wow.
Deal with it, Sean, it's over. 
Rock 'n' roll.


Lauren, I wanna know you.


What does that mean, know me? Know me.
Nobody knows anyone else ever!
You will never, ever know me.


Oh, shit!
You do not know what a drag it is to see you right now!

Um...um...
Yeah...um...
Yeah, you smell really good, but I...
..I don't know who you are.


Victor, shut up, it's me.


Oh...of course.
How are...y-you?
How long have you been here?


Why haven't you called?


This is embarrassing. 
I'm sorry, I don't have the slightest idea who you are right now.
Really, it's...it's totally blank. I...I...


Yeah, it is.


Should I know you?
It's great seeing you, really.



Looks like it's gonna be a cold one.
You know, I find myself talking to you when you're not even around.
Just...carrying on conversations.


I wish you wouldn't tell me shit like that.



But, Sean, I don't...


I don't wanna be with you.


What do you mean? 
No, I just... wanna know you, 
I just wanna know Who You Are.




No one'll ever know anyone.
You're not ever gonna know me.

What the hell does that mean?



It means, Paul, you're not ever gonna know me.
Figure it out. Deal with it.


Fuck you, Bateman.
Fuck you, Bateman!
Fuck you!




























***********




He really likes you.


That's great.


Listen, were you putting notes in his box?


Whose box?


I thought you were putting notes in his box.
Purple ones. Love letters.


No, I didn't put notes into anybody's box.


You didn't?


Wrong person.
Wasn't me.


Then there's someone else.
Doesn't matter, anyway.
Not to people like him.


Not to people like us.

[SEAN] 
I started driving faster as I left the college behind.
I didn't know where I was going.
Someplace unoccupied, I hoped.
I thought there were things about her I'd never forget,
but in the end, all I could think about was...




No comments:

Post a Comment