Friday 23 August 2019

Cordelia




How Does My Noble Lord?
How Fares Your Majesty?

Buffy:  
Well, it's not that simple, it's a person, it's... 
(shows her the yearbook) 
It's this person. 
Now, do you have any idea why she'd be so...

Cordelia:  
Oh, God! 
Is she really wearing Laura Ashley?

Xander:  
So, homicidal?

Cordelia:  (exhales) 
I have no idea! 
I've never seen this girl before in my life!

Cut to the crawl space in the ceiling.

Marcie:  (maniacally) 
I won 'cause you didn't see me coming. 
Cordelia, you don't remember me. 
I remember you, all your idiot slut friends, I hate them. 
They take your life and they suck it out of you! 
But then they didn't see me coming. 
They gotta learn. They gotta learn.

Cut to the library.

Giles:  
According to what you told us about the attack on Ms. Miller, we now have two messages from Marcie: 'look' and 'listen'.

Willow: 
Messages we don't understand.

Buffy:  
I don't think we're supposed to... yet. 
Marcie's not quite  ready. 
But from what she did to Cordelia's picture, I would say that she's wigged on the whole May Queen thing. Maybe she's gonna do something about it.

Willow:  
Stop the coronation tonight, maybe. 
Keep you guys away from the Bronze?

Cordelia:  
Nothing is keeping me from the Bronze tonight!

Xander:  
Uh, can we just revel in your fabulous lack of priorities?

Cordelia:  
If I'm not crowned tonight then, then Marcie's won! And that  would be bad. 
She's evil, okay? 
Way eviler than me.

Buffy:  
Cordelia has a point.

Cordelia:  
Buffy's with me on this.

Buffy:  
Anyway, continuing the normal May Queen activities may be the best way to draw Marcie out. 
We can use Cordelia as bait.

Cordelia:  
Great! Bait?

Giles:  
Willow, Xander, you'll help me begin our research anew. 
Unless we find a way to cure Marcie's invisibility, then Buffy will be...

Marcie is there now looking down from the stacks.

Buffy:  
A sitting duck.

They all get up to do their tasks.

Buffy:  (to Cordelia) 
C'mon.

Cordelia:  
Well, I have to try on my dress. 
And am I really bait?

Cut to the halls. 
Buffy and Cordelia are walking.

Cordelia:  
So, how much the creepy is it that this Marcie's been at this for months? 
Spying on us? Learning our most guarded secrets? 
So, are you saying she's invisible because she's so unpopular?

Buffy:  
That about sums it up.

Cordelia:  (exhales) 
Bummer for her. 
It's awful to feel that lonely.

Buffy:  
Hmm.  So you've read something about the feeling?

Cordelia:  (stops Buffy) 
Hey! You think I'm never lonely 
because I'm so cute and popular? 
I can be surrounded by people and be completely alone. 
It's not like any of them really know me. 
I don't even know if they like me half the time. 
People just want to be in a popular zone. 

Sometimes when I talk, everyone's so busy agreeing with me, they don't hear a word I say.

Buffy:  
Well, if you feel so alone, then why do you work so hard at being popular?

Cordelia:  
Well, it beats being alone all by yourself.

She continues down the hall. 
After considering that for a moment Buffy quickly follows.




No comments:

Post a Comment