Wednesday 7 August 2019

The Majors Tom : MOON



The Movie which takes Self-Care 
to a whole other level






(Distant conversation)
[Gerty]: 
The New Sam is in reworking order.
But we only have two
working harvesters now.

  
[Overmeyers]: (sarcastically)
Yeah, well,what a surprise!

  
[Thompson]: 
Gerty, we're going to have to
find a way to ramp up production.

  
Gerty : 
I know.

  
Overmeyers : 
This is incredible!
But how do you manage to destroy a fucking rover, a harvester and
an employee all on the same day?

  GERTY :
These were extraordinary
circumstances, as you know.

  
[Thompson]:
Gerty, what is the status on Harvester 3?
How do the repairs look on... (stopped)
















The ELIZA effect, in computer science, is the tendency to unconsciously assume computer behaviors are analogous to human behaviors, that is anthropomorphisation.



G•E•R•T•Y :
Sam, this is not going to work.

Sam Bell :
Why?

G•E•R•T•Y :
I have recorded everything that has taken place since your awakening.

If anyone were to check my memory cache, it would put you in considerable danger.

You could erase my memory banks. 
I could reboot myself once you have departed.

Sam Bell :
Are you okay with that?

G•E•R•T•Y :
[ BIG Smile ]
I'm here to keep you safe, Sam.
I want to help you.

  
[Computer]:
E.L.I.Z.A arrival estimated in 24 minutes.


G•E•R•T•Y :
Sam.


Sam Bell :
I set your...I set your
computer to reboot... the moment that I launch.


G•E•R•T•Y :
I understand, Sam.
You should be OK.
[ BIG Smile ]
I hope life on Earth is everything
you remember it to be.

 
Sam Bell :
Thanks, Gerty.
Are you going to be OK?


G•E•R•T•Y :
Of course.
The New Sam and I will be back to our programming as soon as I have finished rebooting.

 Sam Bell :
Gerty, we're not programmed —
We're People. Understand?



No comments:

Post a Comment