Wednesday 29 May 2019

HAN


"There's a Korean word, Han, I looked it up. 
There is no literal English translation; 
It's a State of Mind; of Soul, really. 

A Sadness; a Sadness so deep no tears will come. 

And yet still, there's Hope. "




Imperial Recruitment Officer :
What's your name, son? 

Han :
Han. 

What's your name, son?
Han.
Han what?
Who are your people?
I don't have people.
I'm alone.
Han...
(TYPING)
Solo.
Approved.
Proceed to transport ID 83 for
the Naval Academy at Carida.
Good luck, Han Solo.
We'll have you flying
in no time.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=solo-a-star-wars-story
Imperial Recruitment Officer : 
'Han' what? Who are Your People? 

Han :
I don't have people. I'm alone. 

Imperial Recruitment Officer :
Han... (TYPING
Solo. Approved. 
Proceed to transport ID 83 for the Naval Academy at Carida. 

Good luck, Han Solo. 
We'll have you flying in no time.










BARTLET [to Jai] 

I'm sorry to say I cannot let you defect. 
Do you understand me? 

[Jai's playing slows right down

You have to keep playing. 

[Bartlet now sits on the piano stool next to Jai

There's an important nuclear agreement being worked out. 

Do you understand my English?


JAI

I try to stay, you arrest me?


BARTLET

No.


JAI

You give me back to them. 

BARTLET [emphatically
No. Freedom means choice. 
You must decide which is the most responsible course. 

JAI 
You know Korean word 'Han'? 

BARTLET 
No. 

[the Korean handlers walk over to Jai and Bartlet

I could practise the fingering every day for the rest of my life, I'd never be able to play it like that. 

 JAI 
It is... this. 


 Jai begins playing softly and mournfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment