Tuesday 14 May 2019

Han + Leia


Han Solo :
We had a responsibility beyond The Cause.

We had a Baby.

We were so consumed by our principles, that we abandoned our Most Fundamental Duty.

Princess-General Leia Organa, 
Founding Mother of The New Republic
Senator for New Aalderaan : 
We were doing our duty.





Mimi Lurie: 
The struggle doesn't end just because you got tired of it. 

Nick Sloan: 
I didn't get tired of it. 
I grew up. 

Mimi Lurie: 
Well, we promised each other we weren't going to do that. 

Nick Sloan: 
Yeah, but it happened.

I am not the one fooling myself, it was over!


It wasn't... over.
It's still not over.
Every single thing we said then, is true today.
And every single day, it's getting worse.


That's not the point.

Oh, it's exactly the point, Nick!
I won't give myself up to a system I despise.
I won't give up my freedom and accept their version of what life is supposed to be.


Mimi, how free are you? Really?


Well, I'm not in jail.
I don't expect you to understand.
They have you.


Oh, like hell.


A system that protects the super-rich, and the super, super, super-rich,
And fucks over everyone else, and the planet to boot.


Mimi... Mimi, would you just stop?
Everyone who's given up and given in, they're living at the expense of what they once believed.
It's so sad!
You understood this, I'm sorry you've forgotten.


I wish I had forgotten!
Because my problem is
I can't stop remembering.


So if you've built a wall so high, more power to you, you're stronger than I am.
I'm will turn myself in... the day the politicians and corporations turn themselves in for all they've done.
That's the day I'll hand myself in.
Scout's fuckin' honor.


Stop hiding behind your fucking revolutionary rant.


Oh, don't turn it on me.
You know what I see?
I see the same person.
I see it, kid.
I see it in your eyes.
You can hide from everyone else in the world, and be somebody else, but not with me.
What are your memories, Mi?
The ones you can't run away from.
Hey!
We had a responsibility beyond The Cause.
We had a Baby.
We were so consumed by our principles, that we abandoned our most fundamental duty.

We were doing our duty, Nick.
We made a plan, that if anything ever went wrong....


Never should have carried out that plan.

...we would know exactly what we had to do.
We both agreed.


We were wrong.


We had no choice.


We should have known that we were wrong.
We both accepted it, and we both had to live with it.
It wasn't a dream... it was a possibility, we could have made a reality.


We could make them stop.
Yeah, we could change things, if we could make a difference.
I still believe in that possibility.

Is that all you believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment