Sunday 9 July 2017

Your Father is a Part of You, Always.


[Ten Forward]

(Data is about to speak, then changes his mind

WORF: 
Wait. What is it, Commander? 

DATA: 
I am sorry to bother you, but I have a question of a personal nature. 
Do you have a moment? 

WORF: 
A moment. 

DATA: 
I have heard you mention that you once experienced a vision. 

WORF: 
Yes. When I was young my adoptive parents arranged for me to partake in the Rite of MajQa

DATA: 
I understand it involves deep meditation in the lava caves of No'Mat. 
That prolonged exposure to the heat induces a hallucinatory effect. 

WORF: 
Why are you asking me about this? 

DATA: 
I have recently had an unusual experience, which might be described as a vision. 

WORF: 
What happened? 

DATA: 
An accident in Engineering shut down my cognitive functions for a short period of time, yet I seemed to remain conscious. I saw my father. 

WORF: 
You are very fortunate. 
That is a powerful vision. 

DATA: 
If it was a vision, I do not know how to proceed. 

WORF: 
You must find its meaning. 

If it has anything to do with your father, you must learn all you can about it. 

In the Klingon MajQa ritual, there is nothing more important than receiving a revelation about your father. 

Your father is part of you, always. 

Learning about him teaches you about yourself. 

That is why no matter where he is or what he has done, you must find him. 

DATA: 
But I am not looking for my father. 

WORF: 
Yes, of course. 
Do not stop until you have the answer. 

DATA: 
Thank you, Worf.

No comments:

Post a Comment