Saturday 21 May 2022

Apollo



(There's some very passionate kissing going on.

CAROLYN: 
I must say, Apollo, the way you ape human behaviour is remarkable, but there are some other things I must know. 
Your evolutionary patterns and your social development. 

APOLLO: 
My what? 

CAROLYN: 
I'm sure they're unique. 
I've never encountered a specimen like you before. 

APOLLO: 
I am Apollo. 
I've chosen you. 

CAROLYN: 
I'm sure that's very flattering, but I must get on with my work now. 

APOLLO: 
Your work? 

CAROLYN: 
I'm a Scientist. 
My particular specialty 
is ancient civilisations, 
relics, and myths. 
Surely you know I've only 
been studying you. 

APOLLO: 
I don't believe it. 
You Love Me. 

CAROLYN: 
Love You? Be logical. 
I'm not some simple shepherdess you can awe. 
Why, I could no more love you 
than I could love a new species of bacteria. 

APOLLO: 
Carolyn! I forbid you to go. 
I order you to stay. 

CAROLYN: 
Is that the secret of your power over women, the thunderbolts you throw? 

(She walks away, and a strong wind begins to blow. Thunder rumbles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment