Monday 23 November 2020

Raʼs al Ghul’s Ghost


There are many Forms of Immortality.

In Medieval times, people did not divide Reality into Inner and Outer or even acknowledge a difference between the two. 

For them, inside and outside were the  same


To accomplish all that we have today, we’ve had to split the world in two. 

We couldn’t be this competitive with a Medieval Mind. 


But the price we pay for our  accomplishments is Loneliness and anInability to Love. 

When We’re In Love, We ARE  Our Beloved. 


I spent many years trying to help people differentiate between inner  and outer: 
 
You are you, and I am I. 
Your husband is your husband. 

We have not yet  completed the transition to The Modern Mind. 

Many psychological problems are a  failure to differentiate between out there and in here.  
 
According to the teachings of India, The External World is 'maya', illusion. 

It is  considered illusory because it is actually WITHIN,not out there. 

We see only the “ten  thousand things” that we project. 


LIKE SLENDERMAN
Or Count Dracula 
Or, IT.

In ancient China, Lao Tzu dreamed of a butterfly,  and for the rest of his life he didn’t know whether he had dreamed the butterfly or  the butterfly had dreamed him.  
 
In the West, gold is the symbol of the Self, while in the East, the symbol of our  inner divinity is The Diamond

In their interior meanings, they are the same, but the  images are different. Diamonds are the hardest matter on earth—unearthly, celestial, and impersonal. 

Gold is much softer, a matter of relationship,the Self as related. I think we’re lucky to have gold to cope with.    



Ra’s Al Ghul: 
Did you not think I would return, Bruce? Hmm?

[Bruce looks up and sees Ra’s Al Ghul step out from the shadows in front of Bruce]

I told you I was immortal.

Bruce Wayne: 
I watched…I watched you die.

Ra’s Al Ghul: 
Oh, there are many Forms of Immortality. 
Once, I had a Wife. 
My Great Love.

She was Taken from me.

Bruce Wayne: 
You were The Mercenary.

[back in the prison cell, Ra’s Al Ghul nods his head]

Bruce Wayne: 
Bane is Your Child. [NO.]
 Your Heir. 
[Yes. No. Maybe -- But certainly not the Designated Heir...]

Ra’s Al Ghul: 
An Heir to ensure The League of Shadows fulfills its Duty to Restore Balance as a Civilization.

Bruce Wayne: 
No.

Ra’s Al Ghul: 
You yourself fought the decadence of Gotham for years. 
With all your Strength, all your Resources, all your Moral Authority. 
And the only Victory you could achieve was a Lie. 
Now you understand, Gotham is Beyond Saving.

Bruce Wayne: 
No!

Ra’s Al Ghul:
And must be Allowed to Die.







Commissioner Gordon: 
"I see A Beautiful City and A Brilliant People rising from This Abyss. 
I see the lives for which I lay down My Life, peaceful, useful, prosperous and happy. 
I see that I hold a Sanctuary in Their Hearts, and in The Hearts of Their Descendants, Generations hence. 

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done. 
It is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."


No comments:

Post a Comment