Thursday 5 November 2020

CONTROL


MAN :
Ow!! What in The Hell Did You Do THAT For??

MACHINE :
Because You Told Me To.



“Kennedy was a Good Man.
Nixon was a Bad Man.
Is that True? Or is that just what we have been TOLD is true?”

— The Mason.







Hello, Control.
Oh, hello, Tony.
How are you today? 


Very well, thank you, as it happens, Control.


Good.
Yes.
So, what can I do you for? 

Well, this just came through Flash from Berlin, sir.
I thought perhaps you might like to take a look at it.


Flash from Berlin, eh? 
Yes, perhaps I better had.
We've got quite a few important agents in Berlin, haven't we? 
So it might be something quite urgent, I expect.

Yes.

I see Valerie has decoded it for me.
That's very kind of her.
Saves me quite a lot of work.
I must remember to thank her.


That would certainly be a nice gesture, sir.


Well, I don't know if you had a chance to glance at this before thoughtfully bringing it in to me, Tony.
But, uh, it's quite an urgent communication from Firefly, our network chief in Berlin.


Yes, I did just have time to glance at the code name.
Firefly is under deep cover.
Has something quite important happened to make him break it? 

Yes, I'm afraid it has.
It seems as if the entire network has been penetrated by an enemy agent.


Oh, no.


I'm afraid so.
It seems that Glow-worm was shot trying to escape into the West.
Firefly himself is holed up in a safe house somewhere towards the east of that city.


So the whole network's been blown? 

I'm afraid so.
It's a thundering nuisance.


It really is.
Thundering.


Yes, I'm severely vexed, I don't mind telling you.
I expect a coffee would come in welcome, then.
Well, it couldn't hurt, could it? 

No, not one.
I'll get Valerie onto it.

That's ever so kind of you, Tony.
Let's hope it's not gonna be another one of those days, eh, Control? 
Like Thursday.


Oh, that's all we need.
I don't know.


See you then, Tony.


Bye.







No comments:

Post a Comment