Saturday 4 January 2020

THE RESURRECTIONISTS


SPOCK :
 And yet, you can be in two places at once. 
 



 
 
The Resurrection Argument That Changed a Generation of Scholars

(George and Lorraine kiss. Biff's gang enter the dance and Marty hides underneath a table, his hat falls off and he grabs it just in time.)

Marvin: (o.s) 
Let's do another one!

Skinhead: 
Where'd he go? He just came in here?

1955 Marty: (o.s) 
Something that really cooks.

(3-D spots 1955 Marty on the stage about to play Johnny B Goode.)

3-D: 
Look -it's him. How'd he get up on stage?

Skinhead: 
I dunno, but when he gets down we're gonna nail him.

Match: 
How the hell'd he change his clothes so fast?
 






SPOCK: 
Father. 
 
SPOCK PRIME: 
I am Not-Our-Father. 
There are so few Vulcans left, we cannot afford to ignore each other. 
 
 
SPOCK: 
Then why did you send Kirk aboard, when you alone could have explained The Truth? 
 
SPOCK PRIME: 
Because, YOU needed each other. 
 
I could not deprive you of the revelation of all that you could accomplish together. 
 
Of a friendship, that would define you both, in ways you cannot yet realize. 
 
SPOCK: 
How did you persuade him to keep your secret? 
 
SPOCK PRIME:
He inferred that universe-ending paradoxes would ensue should he break his promise. 
 
SPOCK:
You lied. 
 
SPOCK PRIME:
Oh, I... I implied. 
 
SPOCK:
A gamble. 
 
SPOCK PRIME: 
An Act of Faith. 
One I hope that you will repeat in The Future at Starfleet. 
 
SPOCK: 
In the face of extinction, it is only logical I resign my Starfleet commission and help rebuild our race. 
 
SPOCK PRIME:
And yet, you can be in two places at once. 
I urge you to remain in Starfleet. 
I have already located a suitable planet on which to establish a Vulcan colony. 
 
Spock, in this case, do yourself a favour. 
Put aside logic. 
Do what FEELS right. 
 
Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self-serving, I shall simply say good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment