Sunday 19 January 2020

Sometimes You Just Need Someone to Tell You What to Do




ATTACK-EYEBROWS : 
Tell Me What to Do, Then. 
Bill Potts would tell me What to Do. 


BILL POTTS : 
Do What You Always Do - 

Serve at The Pleasure of The Human Race. 

The times in your life when you need to turn towards The Spirit of The Father will, by their very nature, necessarily tend to be very few 
and far between and relate to a small menu of  very basic insoluble Life Problems 




CLARA: 
We can fix this, can't we? We always fix it.
DOCTOR: No. (to Ashildr) 

But you can. Fix this. Fix it now.
ASHILDR: It, it's not possible. I can't.
DOCTOR: Yes, it is, you can, and you will, or this street will be over. I'll show you and all your funny little friends to the whole laughing world. I'll bring UNIT, I'll bring the Zygons. Give me a minute, I'll bring the Daleks and the Cybermen. You will save Clara, and you will do it now, or I will rain hell on you for the rest of time.
CLARA: Doctor, stop talking like that.
ASHILDR: You can't.
DOCTOR: I can do whatever the hell I like. You've read the stories. You know who I am. And in all of that time, did you ever hear anything about anyone who stopped me?
ASHILDR: I know the Doctor. The Doctor would never
DOCTOR: The Doctor is no longer here! You are stuck with me. And I will end you, and everything you love.
CLARA: Doctor, for God's sake, will you stop?
DOCTOR: Now!
CLARA: I did this, do you hear me? I did this. This is my fault.
DOCTOR: I don't care.
CLARA: Liar. You always care. Always have. Your reign of terror will end with the sight of the first crying child and you know it.
DOCTOR: No, I don't.
CLARA: I do. Listen, if this is the last I ever see of you, please, not like this.
(The Raven caws in the distance.)
CLARA: (to Ashildr) Is there anything you can do?
ASHILDR: I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry, I
CLARA: Time's short. Yes or no?
ASHILDR: No.
(The Doctor breathes heavily. Rigsy is trying not to cry.)
CLARA: Well, if Danny Pink can do it, so can I.
DOCTOR: Do what?
CLARA: Die right. Die like I mean it. Face the Raven.
DOCTOR: No. This, this isn't happening. This can't be happening.
CLARA: Maybe this is what I wanted. Maybe this is it. Maybe this is why I kept running. Maybe this is why I kept taking all those stupid risks. Kept pushing it.
DOCTOR: This is my fault.
CLARA: This is my choice.
DOCTOR: I let you get reckless.
CLARA: Why? Why shouldn't I be so reckless? You're reckless all the bloody time. Why can't I be like you?
DOCTOR: Clara, there's nothing special about me. I am nothing, but I'm less breakable than you. I should have taken care of you.
CLARA: I never asked you to.
DOCTOR: You shouldn't have to ask.
(The Raven caws as it flies along the winding street, and the people scatter, terrified.)
RIGSY: Clara, if I'd known, I'd
CLARA: Don't. Shut up.
RIGSY: But I
CLARA: Really, Rigsy, shut up. If you feel guilty about this, even for one minute, I
(They hear the Raven.)
CLARA: You. Now, you listen to me. You're going to be alone now, and you're very bad at that. You're going to be furious and you're going to be sad, but listen to me. Don't let this change you. No, listen. Whatever happens next, wherever she is sending you, I know what you're capable of. You don't be a Warrior. Promise me. Be a Doctor.
DOCTOR: What's the point of being a Doctor if I can't cure you?
CLARA: Heal yourself. You have to. You can't let this turn you into a monster. So, I'm not asking you for a promise, I'm giving you an order. You will not insult my memory. There will be no revenge. I will die, and no one else, here or anywhere, will suffer.
DOCTOR: What about me?
CLARA: If there was something I could do about that, I would. I guess we're both just going to have to be brave.
DOCTOR: Clara.
(They hug.)
CLARA: Everything you are about to say, I already know. Don't do it now. We've already had enough bad timing.
(The Raven caws close by.)
DOCTOR: Don't run. Stay with me.
CLARA: Nah. You stay here. In the end, everybody does this alone.
DOCTOR: Clara
CLARA: This is as brave as I know how to be. I know it's going to hurt you, but, please, be a little proud of me.
(She touches his cheek. He takes her hand and kisses it.)
CLARA: Goodbye, Doctor.
(The Raven caws.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment