Tuesday 9 May 2017

The Six





European Currency Snake (Basle, 10 April 1972)

On 10 April 1972, the Basle Agreement is concluded with a view to implementing, as from 24 April, the intervention system of the central banks to limit fluctuation between currencies to a maximum of 2.25 %. This photograph shows the coins of the currencies of the Member States of the European Economic Community (EEC) symbolically placed to represent the European Currency Snake.



They said you'd come... 
From the North, a Man of Great Strength... 
A Conqueror. 
A Man who would some day be King by his own hands.
One who would crush the Snakes of the Earth.
B C N U
B C N U


The Valeyard :
Peri. 

PERI: 
Yes? 

The Valeyard:
How did you come by A Name like that? 

PERI: 
It's the diminutive of 
My Proper Name, 'Perpugilliam'. 

The Valeyard 
Indeed. 

" One morn, a peri at the gate of Eden stood disconsolate. "
Who wrote that? 

PERI: 
I haven't the faintest idea. 

The Valeyard 
Of course you don't. 
You don't even know what a peeri  is, do you, Peri

PERI: 
No. 

The Valeyard : 
I'll Tell You. 
A peeri is a good and beautiful fairy in Persian mythology. 

The interesting thing is, before it became good, it was evil

And that's what you are

Thoroughly evil. 

PERI: 
Doctor, stop it! 

The Valeyard: 
No. No, not even a fairy.

 An alien spy, sent here to spy on me!

Well, we all know the fate of alien spies...!!!

(The Doctor lunges at Peri and grabs her around the throat. She manages to grab the mirror from the console before he throws her to the floor, then she shows him his reflection. He lets her go, recoiling in tears.)

Original Transcription courtesy of
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/21-7.htm

The Ultimate Foe :
The Motley Fool (6) and The Evil One



VALEYARD: 

Why waste your breath on that simple minded oaf? 

 You cannot speak as though reality is a one-dimensional concept. 

 Fortunately, there is a reality that you and I can both agree on. 
The Ultimate Reality. 


The Motley Fool
Death?

VALEYARD: 
The Undiscovered Country - from whose bourn no traveller returns. 


The Motley Fool
:
 Puzzles the will. Hamlet, Act Three Scene One.
VALEYARD: 
I really must curb these urges. 
I've no wish to be contaminated by your whims and idiosyncrasies. 


The Motley Fool
Quite so. But what I don't comprehend... 

GLITZ: 
He's over 'ere, Doc. 
Slippery customer, Your Other Persona. 


The Motley Fool
What I don't comprehend is why you want me dead. 

No. No, let me rephrase that. 

It would satisfy my curiosity 
to know why you should go 
to such extraordinary lengths 
to kill me

VALEYARD: 
Come now, Doctor. 

How else can I obtain My Freedom, 
Operate as A Complete Entity
unfettered by Your Side of My Existence

Only by ridding myself of you and your misplaced morality, your constant crusading, your...

GLITZ: 
Idiotic honesty? 

VALEYARD: 
Oaf. Microbe. 

GLITZ: 
Pardon me for trying to help. I'm neutral in this set-up, you know. 

VALEYARD: 
Only by releasing myself from the misguided maxims that you nurture can I be free. 

GLITZ: 
Sounds to me like Armageddon's beckoning you, Doc. 

VALEYARD: 
With you destroyed and no longer able to constrain me, and with unlimited access to the Matrix, there will be nothing beyond my reach. 

Original Transcription courtesy of
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/23-4.htm

The Hex on Planet 6


Well - so, that was unlucky...

No comments:

Post a Comment