Wednesday 24 May 2017

King David, The Anti-Christ and the Twilight of the Gods

"Sometimes in order to create, one must first destroy." 

- David, Killer of Giants



There is Nothing in The Desert

And No-Man Needs Nothing.
The Bringer of Light
Give Us Time... 
Let the Girl Die... 
I am No-One... 
I am No-One... 
Fear the Priest... 
Fear the Priest... Merrin... Merrin.....!!!



• A Robot may not injure a Human Being or, through inaction, allow a Human Being to come to harm.

• A Robot must obey the orders given it by Human Beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.


• A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

"Unfortunately, this is going to barrel into a conversation about the DNA, and the Humam Genome and so on.

Once we get there - that's when we're in The Deep Water.

So it's better to have The Conversation now before we end up getting into - God Talk."



Elizabeth Shaw: 
I don't want go to back to where we came from. 
I want to go where they came from. 
You think you can do that, David?

David: 
Yes, I believe I can. … May I ask what you hope to achieve by going there?

Elizabeth Shaw: 
They created us. Then they tried to kill us. They changed their minds. I deserve to know why.

David: 
The answer is irrelevant. 
It doesn't matter why they changed their minds.

Elizabeth Shaw: 
Yes — yes, it does.

David:
 I don't understand.

Elizabeth Shaw: 
Well … I guess that's because I'm a human being. 
And you're a robot.



David :
Do you dream about me often?

Walter :
I don't dream at all.

You made people uncomfortable.

I was not designed with your capacity for creativity.


2
Allow me to introduce .. The General.

 All the professor's own work; he gave birth to it and loves it with a passionate love, probably hates it even more. 


That mass of circuits, my dear fellow, is as revolutionary as nuclear fission. 

No more wastage in schools: no more tedious learning by rote. 

A brilliantly devised course, delivered by a leading teacher, subliminally learned, checked, and corrected by an infallible authority. 

And what have we got?

6
A row of cabbages!

2
Indeed - knowledgeable cabbages.

2
[after 6 stumped the machine, causing it to self destruct
What was The Question?

6
It's insoluble - for Man or Machine.

2
What was it?

6
W - H - Y - Question mark.

2
"Why?"?

6
 "Why?".






I met a traveller from an antique land,

Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,

Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,

And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;

And on the pedestal, these words appear:

My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

No comments:

Post a Comment