Friday, 9 January 2026

I am The Lord High-Executioner




Lord High-Executioner (CIA) : 
Ah. Welcome, Doctor.

Tom : 
What's going on? Don't you realise how 
dangerous it is to intercept a transmat beam?

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) : 
Oh come, Doctor, not with our techniques. 
We Time Lords transcended such simple 
mechanical devices when The Universe 
was less than half its present size.

Tom : 
Look, whatever I've done 
to you in The Past, I've more 
than made up for, I will not tolerate 
this continual interference in my life!

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) : 
Continual? We pride ourselves 
we seldom interfere in 
The Affairs of others.

Tom : 
Except mine!

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) : 
You, Doctor, are a special case. 
You enjoy The Freedom We allow you. 
In return, occasionally, 
not continually, We ask You 
to Do Something for Us.


Tom : 
I won't Do it. 
Whatever it is, 
I refuse.

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) : 
DALEKS --

Tom : 
Daleks? Tell me more….

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) : 
We foresee A Time, when They will 
have destroyed all other lifeforms 
and become The Dominant 
Creature in The Universe.



Tom : 
That's possible. Tell on --

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) :
 We'd like you  - to return to Skaro 
at A Point in Time before 
The Daleks evolved.

Tom : 
Do you mean avert 
Their Creation?

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) :
 Or affect their genetic development 
so that They evolve into 
less aggressive creatures.

Tom :
 Hmm. That's feasible.

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) : 
Alternatively, if you learn enough 
about their very beginnings, 
you might discover some 
inherent weakness.

Tom : 
Alright — just one more time.

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) : 
You'll Do it?

Tom : 
Yes. If you'll let me have 
the space time coordinates, 
I'll set The TARDIS for Skaro.

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) : 
There's no need for that, Doctor.

Tom : 
Huh?

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) : 
You're here. This is Skaro.

Tom : 
What?

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) : 
We thought it would save time if 
We assumed your agreement.



(The Time Lord holds up a gold bangle 
with a three-ended swirl on it.)

Tom : 
What's this?

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) : 
A Time Ring. It will return you 
to The TARDIS when 
you've finished here. 
There's just one thing.

Tom : 
What's that?

Lord High-Executioner (CIA) : 
Be careful not to lose it. 
That Time Ring 
is your lifeline. 
Good Luck, Doctor.

Tom : 
Just a moment —

(But he has already vanished.)

Tom : 
Don't just disappear! 
What about Sarah and Harry?

No comments:

Post a Comment