Monday 29 June 2020

Phoney Social Behaviour, Designed to Cover True Feelings

Wesley Crusher takes no shit

RONDON: 
You. I have a package for Operations. Where is it?

WESLEY: 
End of the corridor, room on your right. One oh four.

(The seven foot tall man bumps Wesley as he walks between him and Mordock)

WESLEY: 
Excuse me.

RONDON: 
You blocked my path. you Bulgallian sludge rat!

WESLEY: 
I'm sorry, it was an honest mistake. I apologise.

CHANG: Is there a problem here, gentlemen?

WESLEY: No, sir, I -
RONDON: 
How dare you! I am Rondon, you despicable Melanoid slimeworm! Liar!

WESLEY: 
Who do you think you're bullying? 
You bumped into me. It was your mistake. 
You were at fault. Do you want this to become violent?

RONDON: 
Friend. I like you.

(Rondon leaves, smiling)

MORDOCK: 
A very strange reaction.

WESLEY: 
Not really. 
When he raised his hand, I saw that it was webbed. 
The sign of a Zaldan.

CHANG: But you became hostile.
WESLEY: Zaldans are infuriated by courtesy. They view it as a form of phony social behaviour, designed to cover true feelings.

CHANG: 
Congratulations, Mister Crusher. 
You handled that particular incident very well.

MORDOCK: 
Was this incident deliberate?

CHANG: 
It's important to know how you candidates deal with other cultures, other species.

MORDOCK: 
Then it was a test.

CHANG: 
Yes. Not all tests are announced, or what they appear to be.

(Chang leaves)

MORDOCK: 
Zaldans have webbed fingers? I wouldn't have passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment