Wednesday 23 January 2019

Infinite Improbability : The Quantum Heresy

Milkman
Now Then, Madam - 
I'm going to show you three numbers, 
and I want you to tell me if you see any similarity between them. 

(holds up a card saying '3' three times)

Lady

They're all number three.

Milkman

No. Try again.

Lady

They're all number three?

Milkman

No, They're all number three. 

(he ticks his board again)


...number NIINE, number NINE, number NINE ...

 
RIMMER
Holly, what's going on?

HOLLY
What?

RIMMER:
 
What's happening?

HOLLY
Um, Hercule Poirot's just stepped off the steaming train.  
And if you want my opinion, I think they all did it.
 
RIMMER
Why did we have to have you as the ship's computer?  
We'd be better off with a bucket of sheep's slop running things.
 
HOLLY
If you've got a complaint, just come straight out with it.  
Don't hide behind innuendo and hyperbole.
 
RIMMER
Why is it raining fish in our sleeping quarters?!

HOLLY
I'd be lying if I said I knew.  
The only comparable incident on record 
is in 12th century Burgandy 
when it rained herring.

No comments:

Post a Comment