Thursday 19 June 2014

Death Aid : Sir Elton's Dead Friends




"Ladies and Gentlemen, by all rights, I shouldn't be here.

I should be dead. Six foot under, in a wooden box.

Every day I ask myself, "How did I survive..?"

Because the AIDS Disease is caused by A VIRUS..."








"I mean, to be clear about it, he was diagnosed with AIDS.

It was not diagnosed HIV, he was not, anything like that, he had AIDS, when they told him in Spring of 1987"

Peter Freestone,
Freddie Mercury's personal assisstant 


"Ladies and gentlemen, by all rights, I shouldn’t be here.  

I should be dead.  Six feet under, in a wood box.

I should have contracted HIV in the 1980s and died in the 1990s.  

Just like Freddie Mercury.  



Just like Rock Hudson.  

Just like so many friends and loved ones of yours and mine.

Every day, I wonder: how did I survive?"

"In 1985, when the test was released for clinical use, did the CDC go back and test everyone that they had diagnosed with AIDS up until that point?

CDC Official: "(Chuckle) No, we did not."

With yer bitch-slap-rappin' and yer Cocaine tongue, y'get nothing done...

"Destroy them."


"Why am I telling you this?  

Because the AIDS disease is caused by a virus




but the AIDS epidemic is not.  




The AIDS epidemic is fueled by stigma.  



By hate.  



By misinformation.  




By ignorance.  



By indifference.















Freddie's Dead - Live Aid and the Social Construct of African AIDS from Spike EP on Vimeo.
The one enduring legacy of Live Aid (other than war) is the Social Construct and Public Myth of African AIDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment