Saturday 7 October 2023

Ferenghi Television



This is like a holo-novel,
but way sleazier


Mister Neelix
Take a Look at this :
It's a form of entertainment 
called a ‘soap opera’. 
The exploration of 
human relationships 
is fascinating


Ensign Kim
I can't imagine just 
watching The Story 
and not being 
a part of it. 


Kes
That's because you've been 
spoiled by The HoloDeck. 
There's something to be said for 
non-interactive stories like this, 
being swept away in The Narrative. 




Lt. J.G Boimler :
All right. 
Dropping bags off 
in hotel room
is off the list. 

We got the for-profit minibar,
the for-profit toilet
the machine that
charges you to pay
for the toilet and the minibar. 

View screen works. 

That's everything

I give this hotel
a nine out of ten

Now, off to The Museum
of Bribery

Oh, weird. A what-you-call-it... 
a "commer-seal"?  Ooh



Ferenghi Hunk :
Aah!

Semi-Clothed Ferenghi Female :
(kicking him in The Pool
You're fired







Slug-O Cola. This happens
to everyone who drinks it. 


Lt. J.G Boimler :
They just lie to you?  Hilarious.
Well, time to head out. 

And now,
Pog & Dar : Cop Landlords. 


Lt. J.G Boimler :
Huh? Mm. This is like a holo-novel,
but way sleazier

Det. Pog :
You're making my partner mad

Det. Dar :
Just sign the lease, dirtbag.

Lobleless Ferenghi Tenant :
No.  (Pulls out a disruptor and shoots Dar!)

Det. Dar :
Aah!

(Pog shoots him in return)

Det. Dar :
Aah! 

Det. Pog :
You just surrendered 
your deposit 
and your life. 

I'm not gonna make it, partner. 

Det. Pog :
Hey, you hang on
one second, buddy :
I just need to enjoy
the crisp, refreshing taste 
of a Slug-O Cola. 

Lt. Jnr. Grade Boimler :
Oh, they put commercials
in the shows? 
It's like Mind Control

(The Ferenghi Thought-Maker installed 
above his hotel bed twinkles behind him.)

Det. Pog :
Transfer your latinum to me
or I'll tell everyone you 
supported tenants' rights

Det. Dar :
I'm proud to be scammed 
by a landlord cop as conniving
as you, partner. 

Lt. Jnr. Grade Boimler :
Okay, I guess I should finally do my... 

Up next...
Will They, Won't They? 

The workplace sitcom
where everyone 
is secretly in love
with each other. 

Lt. Jnr. Grade Boimler :
I'm sorry, what

Oh, Blongo,
I don't know what to do. 

I'm secretly in love with Nilm, 

but she's engaged to Bok, 

who's always extremely... 

Lt. Jnr. Grade Boimler :
This kind of hacky, lowest-common-denominator  schlock won't work on me. 

her flirtations with Kret. 

Lt. Jnr. Grade Boimler :
But I better watch 
so officers who aren't
as resilient as I am 
will know what to avoid

But you should go for it. 
Even though I'm secretly
in love with you. 

Mr. Boimler, did you do
too many locations? 
Are you in need of aid?

Lt. Jnr. Grade Boimler :
Uh, no.  I watched eight hours straight
of Ferengi programming. 
I'm sorry I let you down, sir. 

Honestly, I'm proud of you.

Lt. Jnr. Grade Boimler :
Really? 

You've always had a problem
going with the flow, 
but today it looks like you 
got out of your own way. 


Lt. Jnr. Grade Boimler :
Thank you, sir. 

I've authorised the local authorities 
to drag you out of there. 
Just go limp, don't fight them


Lt. J.G Boimler :
Get out of here! 

I really like that lieutenant. 


Lt. Jnr. Grade Boimler :
Oh! Aah! 

Oh! Oh, no. Oh, oh, no, no,
no, no, no, no!

No comments:

Post a Comment