Friday 2 October 2020

SUMMERS





summer (n.2)
"horizontal bearing beam," late 13c., from Anglo-French sumer, Old French somier "main beam," originally "pack horse," from Vulgar Latin *saumarius, from Late Latin sagmarius "pack horse," from sagma "packsaddle" (see sumpter).





“For me it became fascinating because it was about the creative process to an extent. Positing the idea that she had created this world meant that we could examine the world we had created and we could talk about it in a ‘fourth wall’ way, but not in an obnoxious ‘fourth wall’ way… Like ‘how does this make sense?’ which not only is fun for the show where some things don’t make so much sense but also for, you know, that sort of existential moment in your life where you’re like ‘really’? This is my family? This is what I look like? This is what we eat? This is just all very weird and I don’t understand how we got here.’

I did try to put in a line when I was doing the X-Men for Scott Summers to say that he had a cousin who was in a mental institution who thought she fought demons, but I couldn’t justify-- I couldn’t come up with a conversation to slip it in.”

No comments:

Post a Comment