Sunday 16 August 2020

King D.





Well, I'm a King Bee
Buzzin' around yo' hive
Well, I'm a King Bee
Buzzin' around yo' hive

Well, I can make honey, baby
Let me come inside
I'm young and able
To buzz all night long

I'm young and able
To buzz all night long
Well, when you hear me buzzin', baby
Some stingin' is going on
Well, buzz awhile
'Sting-a-been'

Well, I'm a king bee
Want you to be my queen
Well, I'm a king bee
Want you to be my queen
Together we can make honey
The world ever, never, seen

Well, I'm a king bee
Can buzz all night long
Well, I'm a king bee
Can buzz all night long
Well, I can buzz better, baby
When yo' man is gone.




BLY : He was a Wonderful Old Man. But he was waiting to be a Mentor, a Male Mother, to young American scientists, and they didn’t know The Tradition and they didn’t go to him.

MOYERS: But in these traditional cultures, when these older men played this role for young men, what were the older men? What were the Male Mothers doing for the boys?

BLY: When The Male Mother is there, and The Mentor is there, one thing he does is bless the young men. 

And it’s so strange, that men need blessing from older men. 

Robert Moore, I heard him say in a tape, “If you’re a young man, and you’re not being admired by an older man, you’re being hurt.” 

I like that a great deal.

So that many women bless young men, but the man still needs a blessing from an older man. 

You know, I heard Robert Moore say it to a group of men: “How many of you have admired a younger man in the last two weeks, and told him so?” Silence. 

“How many of you were admired by older men when you were young?” Silence. 

Then he said that sentence, “If you are a young man and you’re not being admired by an older man, you’re being hurt.”

No comments:

Post a Comment