Saturday 20 April 2024

Morgan and the Wolf

Morgan and The Wolves

Uh!

(birds chirping)

(chuckles)

Wolf :
Looks Good. Hi.

Morgan : 
Hello.

(spoon clattering)

Wolf :
You can lower that.

Morgan : 
What's the 'W' for?

Wolf :
You know, the first settlers here, 
they put bounties on wolves' heads.

Brought The Natives into it.
Made them hunt them.

Didn't take them too long 
to kill them all.

.....They're back now.
Thoughts?

Morgan : 
Everything gets A Return.

Wolf :
Are you shitting me?

Morgan : 
No, I shit you not.

(both laughing)

Wolf :
I like this.
Just talking. (laughs)
I don't get to meet new 
people very often.

Maybe once every two weeks.

Morgan : 
That's a lot.

Wolf :
Oh, I work at it. We Do.

Sometimes we find camps. 
We run through them.

But we have traps, too.

It's different.

It's not like meeting 
like this.... as equals.
Little chats in front of 
a fire with a stranger.

That's the closest thing 
to movies now.
I miss The Movies.
I used to-- put that down.

Morgan : 
Why?

Wolf :
'Cause I want it.

I want everything you have.
Every last drop.

Morgan : 
Can I keep a little of it?
Just to get me through 
a day or two?

You know, just to 
keep me alive?

Wolf :
I'm taking you, too -- And you're 
not exactly gonna be alive.

Morgan : 
Okay.

Wolf :
Some of the tribes around here, 
they thought that The First People 
were Wolves transformed into Men.
And now, well, you know.

Everything gets 
A Return, right?

Morgan : 
You can have my supplies. 
You can have everything.

Doesn't need to 
be any ugliness.

But I can't allow you 
to take me away --

I will not allow that.

Don't move.

(sighs)

Just be still.

Just be still.

(grunts)

Morgan : 
You should just go now.

Wolf :
No.

Just go.

Please.

Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment