Monday 8 January 2024

A Hologram Never Forgets

MAXTIBLE
Now, this is My Theory :
A Mirror reflects 
An Image, does it not?

The Cosmic Hobo
Yes….

MAXTIBLE
So, You may be 
standing there, and yet 
appear to be standing 
FIFTY feet away —

Well, following the 
new investigations, 
twelve years ago 
by J. Clark Maxwell 
into electromagnetism 
and the experiments 
by Faraday into 
STATIC Electricity.

The Cosmic Hobo
Static?!


Marlon Brando as Jor-El


The Hologram : 
(Arms wide and smiling --
Hi! If you're seeing this, 
I'm DEAD

Yaz: 
What?! 

The Hologram
Is that a bad way to start? 
Bit overdramatic? How's it looking? 

I have been working on this LITERALLY, 
for EVER. It should adapt and respond 
to its environment and whoever 
it's interacting with -- It's an 
interactive A.I. Holo-Me! 

Built from data of My Behaviour 
across THOUSANDS of Years
and it SHOULD only activate 
under the gravest circumstances. 
Like if I'm no longer around
Now, that would be disastrous. 
BUT, I will have very subtly inserted 
a sonically triggered nano-implant 
under Your Skin and passed it off as static electricity -- 
....if I remember to Do That; I must remember to Do That. 

Yaz
You could have TOLD Us 
You'd Done that....!! 

The Hologram : 
Whoa! The emotional receptors on 
The A.I. are a bit oversensitive -- 
....apparently, You're annoyed with Me...? 
Apparently, I should apologise for something....? 

Yaz : 
(still annoyed -- gets past it.....I've got A Plan :
Tell Me if I'm DOING this right -- 
she launches The TARDIS into flight )

The Hologram : 
[ Gives an "Ooo-Err!" Grimace, 
while Yaz isn't looking, 
but doesn't say anything ]

No comments:

Post a Comment