Saturday 18 November 2023

Selvig

Fury :
So, he's building another portal.
That's what he needs Erik Selvig for.

Thor :
Selvig?

Fury :
He's An Astrophysicist. 

Thor :
He's A Friend.


Thor | Erik Selvig And Thor - Bar Scene | Disney+ [2011]


(STATIC CRACKLING)

(MJOLNIR HUMMING)

SHIELD Agent
Sir? He's got A Visitor.

Coulson :
His Name is Donald Blake?

Selvig :
Dr. Donald Blake.

Coulson :
You have dangerous coworkers, Dr. Selvig.

Selvig :
He was distraught when he found out 
that you've taken all our research.

That was years of his life, gone!

You can understand how A Man 
could go off like that.

A big, faceless organisation like yours coming in 
with their jackbooted thugs and...
….That's how he put it.

Coulson :
That still doesn't explain how he managed 
to tear through our security.

Selvig :
Steroids! He's a bit of a fitness nut.

(ALARM BEEPS)

TECHNICIAN
Sir?

Coulson :
It says here that 
He's an M.D.

Selvig :
Well, he is! Or he was.
He switched careers and 
became A Physicist.
A brilliant physicist.

He's a wonderful man. 
He's a man in pain.

Oh, Donny, Donny, 
DonnyThere you are. 
You're gonna be all right
I'm taking you home now.

Coulson :
Dr. Selvig!
….just keep him away from the bars.

Selvig :
I will!

Thor :
Where are we going? 

Selvig :
To get a drink.

Coulson :
Follow them.

Thor :
You know, I had it all backwards.
I had it all wrong.

Selvig :
It's not a bad thing finding out that 
you don't have all The Answers.
You start asking the right Questions.

For the first time in my life, 
I have no idea what 
I'm supposed to do.

Selvig :
Anyone who's ever going 
to find his way in this world 
has to start by admitting 
he doesn't know 
where the hell he is.

Thank you for what you've done.

Selvig :
No, don't thank me. 
I only did it for Jane.

Her Father and I taught 
at university together.
He was a Good Man.
He never listened.

Neither did IMy Father was trying 
to teach me something, but 
I was too stupid to see it.

Selvig :
I don't know if you're delusional or 
if you're pulling some kind of con
I don't care. I just care about her.
I've seen the way she looks at you.

I swear to you
I mean her no harm.

Selvig :
GoodIn that case
I'll buy you another round
and you leave town tonight.

Two boilermakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment