Thursday 9 November 2023

Escaping The Phantom Zone









Selina, The Wicked Witch :
Enjoy Your Prison, Supergirl... 
...forever and ever

Selina The Witch starts macking 
on Supergirl’s mind-controlled zombie 
would-be boyfriend, Ethan

Supergirl :
No, Ethan! Don't do it! 
Ethan! 




Slowly, The Black Mirror she is trapped inside
begins to turn… and turn…
and spin end-over-end….
and falls into The Sky,
as it begins tumbling 
through endless Space…

Until it crashes into solid rock….
and shatters




Supergirl :
Where am I? 





You can't arrest me without a warrant. 
I'm calling my lawyer. Slow down. 

We want Selena out. 

Selina, The Wicked Witch :
Smile, lunkhead. You're not A Gardener anymore. 
You're Prince Ethan, now. 

Are we gonna stand up to her or not? 

Yes. 

Selena must go! 

Who's this little twerpette? 

Lucy Lane :
She's someone who believes in Freedom. 

Jimmy Olsen :
Lucy, it's not a good time 
to express yourself. 

Lucy Lane :
I don't know, who you are. 
Or what evil force you represent. 
But if you think you can get rid of 
anybody who stands up to you. 
Just make them disappear
Like my friend Linda. 

Who? 

Lucy Lane :
Linda, my roommate. She disappeared 
the day that mountain showed up. 

The wimp. Seize them

Leave her alone! 

Drive off. Leave her alone. 

Nobody messes around with Jimmy Olsen! 
Now, let go of me. I'm with the press!


Supergirl :
Zaltar. 

Squirt. 

Supergirl :
Zaltar? 

Squirt. 

Supergirl :
Zaltar, it's me. It's-it's Kara. 

I know. Squirt. 

Supergirl :
What is that? Where are we? 

Nowhere

Supergirl :
The Phantom Zone? 

Lawrence :
It's lonely here, my Kara. So sad. 
I've been here forever and 
I shall stay here forever. 

Selina, The Wicked Witch :
Ethan? 

Ethan, The Gardner :
Yes, my darlin'. 

Selina, The Wicked Witch :
Don't call me your "darling." 
You despise me. 
Get me The Coffer of Shadow. 

Ethan, The Gardner :
Yes, my darling. 

Supergirl :
Now... 
...I think we need something. There

Oh, Jimmy. 

Oh, terrific. The old dangling-in-a-cage routine. 
Pathetic, Selena. 

Who's that guy? 

He's my math teacher, I think. 

What are they for? 

Insurance. 

Supergirl :
But you can't just give up.
 You founded a whole city

Lawrence :
I did, and then I doomed it to destruction. 

Supergirl :
That was an error. 

Lawrence :
A tragic one. When you're my age and 
you make as many tragic errors as I do, 
it is a different tune that you will sing. 

Supergirl :
I will not. I'll never give up. 
I will never spend my entire life in 
a place like this. I would die first! 

Lawrence :
Strong words —
There are worse things than dying and 
I deserve every single one of them

Supergirl :
What is this? 

Lawrence :
A horse... I think. On Earth, 
I think it's called ‘a horse’. 

Supergirl :
And you made this, here

Lawrence :
Mm. 

Supergirl :
Then you haven't given up. 

Lawrence :
Don't be ridiculous. 

Supergirl :
Earth, Zaltar. Earth, a tree, a horse. 
You keep making things from Earth. 

Lawrence :
The place intrigues me. 

Supergirl :
Well, then, let's go there.

Lawrence :
 Certainly. When is the next train

Supergirl :
(Grins — looks puzzled.)
.…What is a ‘train’? 
What's so funny? 
Don't laugh at me, Zaltar. 

Lawrence :
I'm only laughing at myself. 
For you, I weep. 

Supergirl :
Is this ‘train’ a way out of here? 

Lawrence :
There is no way out of here. 
That is the point of 
The Phantom Zone. 
The criminals, the corrupt, the evil... 
...they're here. Over the hill there. 
With no Way Out

Supergirl:
But, there's always A Way Out. 
If there's a way in
there's A Way Out

Lawrence :
There is a way. But it's impossible

Supergirl :
Why? 

Lawrence :
No, it wouldn't work. You'd be swept into a singularity 
if it didn't work. No. Forget I mentioned it. 
Have a squirt instead. 

….I could do it. 

Supergirl :
Then, please. At least 
teach me how

Lawrence :
There's nothing to teach. 
You can't, as they say 
practice at The Rift. 
You get one chance only

Supergirl :
The Rift? 

Lawrence :
Sure? You won't have a squirt? 
Once you get used to it, 
I think it's delicious. 

Supergirl :
You're right. You are 
absolutely right. 
There is enough 
Doom and Gloom 
in the air already. 
And it is better to accept defeat 
than to take a chance and try 
like fools to redeem ourselves 
and save Our City 
and all those who 
We Love There. 

Plus all the people on Earth 
that this wicked sorceress 
is going to make suffer 
just because of us. Cheers

Lawrence :
We could die trying

Supergirl :
But we won't
We won't. 

Lawrence :
Come on. 

Selina, The Wicked Witch :
Tomorrow. Thursday. Friday. 
Just like here, we go for The Cops 
first, right? And The Army. 
By Saturday, we have the continental 
United States, Mexico, Canada. 

Oh, my God, Selena. 


Selina, The Wicked Witch :
It's The Box. 

Hush it up. 

Selina, The Wicked Witch :
No. What The Box wants, 
The Box gets. 
What is it? 

Fascinating. 


Selina, The Wicked Witch :
I don't know. 

Supergirl :
Is this it? Is this 
The Way Out? 

Lawrence :
Not yet! This is 
The Quantum Vortex! 
We must risk Our Destruction in it. 
To move mountains, 
You must make sacrifices

Supergirl :
Zaltar, I'm scared

Lawrence :
Accept Your Fears. 
Confront Your Demons. 
Find Your Destiny 
in The Maelstrom! 

Supergirl :
Zaltar, I can't. I can't

Lawrence :
You... can

Two specks. Look! 


Selina, The Wicked Witch :
What Do I Do? 
How Do You murder someone 
in The Phantom Zone? 


She's with some old guy, 
it looks like. 

Selina, The Wicked Witch :
Move, huh. Come on! 


Calm down, okay. 

Selina, The Wicked Witch :
(Consults The Grimoire —)
Ah. This is what I want. 
The Salian Fireballs. 
Page 321. Chapter 6. 

Whoa! What is that? Watch out! 

Selina, The Wicked Witch :
"Power of Rainmaking". No! 
"How to separate husband and wife." 
No, not now. Not now

Well, you better find something fast, 
like an atom bomb. 

Selina, The Wicked Witch :
I found it. "Summoning... 
The Demon Storm.

Lawrence :
Hurry... go. 
Higher girl, higher

Supergirl :
Come with me! 

Lawrence :
I am with you! On, girl. 
I am with you. 

Supergirl :
Zaltar! 



Oh, Thank God

Supergirl :
You've had your fun, Selena. 
The Game is finished. 

Selina, The Wicked Witch :
HardlyOne false step, bluebird.

No comments:

Post a Comment