Tuesday 14 July 2020

Jefferson Lives!

Barry Meets Black Lightning | Crisis on Infinite Earths Crossover [HD]

Peter Gambi: 
Do you remember why you became Black Lightning? You wanted to give the people hope
You wanted the evil that's out there to have something to fear.
 Right now, there's nothing to fear, and evil's running rampant like a plague through this city! 
Hell, through This World!

Jefferson: 
Okay, you know what? 
Let's cut through the poetry, and just talk real

Now, the purpose of Black Lightning was to kill Tobias, for literally shoving my father's articles down his throat until he died. 

Then it was because of crime bosses, crooked politicians, 
every small-time street thug that had snatched a purse or robbed a store! 

You see, there's no end, Gambi. 

There's no bottom for Black Lightning. 
And the only loser in all of it is... me. 

I feel like Lynn and I are making room for a possibility of a reconciliation. Do you hear me? I have a shot at putting my family back together. 
Black Lightning is not going to jeopardise that.

Gambi: 
I love Lynn and those girls, but we knew this day would come. 

Jefferson, I've known you since you were 12-years-old, 
you're like my son. 

So I have to tell you The Truth. 

The promise you made Lynn was well intentioned, but it always had an expiration date.


Lynn: 
You know how this ends, right?

Gambi: 
The same way it always ends for everyone, Lynn. 
None of us get out of here alive.

Lynn: 
He was happy!

Gambi: 
But what kind of happy? 
Happy like a lion in a cage? 
King of The Zoo, not of The Jungle?

Lynn: 
Happy like a man who was at peace just being Jefferson Pierce.

Gambi: 
But he isn't just Jefferson Pierce. 
He's so much more than that.

Lynn: 
I know. 
And that's why I want you to stop him before he gets addicted again.

Gambi: 
We have a difference of opinion on that. 
I don't believe Jefferson was ever addicted to his powers. 

He was in a War to save this city and its people. 
And he was winning

Then he suddenly stopped, because he was addicted to you
And now look at the condition of This City and its People. 
It's complete chaos.

Lynn: 
It sounds like you're blaming me for the chaos.

Gambi: 
A little. Just like you blame me, then and now. 

But ultimately, it's Jefferson's choice what he does with his powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment