Friday 29 May 2020

Statistical Probabilities







I don't accept it. 
Your entire argument is based on a series of statistical probabilities and assumptions

BASHIR: 
They're not just assumptions. 
If you want me to take you through the equations, I will. 

SISKO: 
Even if I knew with a hundred percent certainty what was going to happen, I still wouldn't ask an ENTIRE GENERATION of people to voluntarily give up their FREEDOM

BASHIR: 
Not even to save over nine hundred billion lives? 

SISKO: 
Surrender is Not an Option. 

Now I'm happy to hear your group's advice on how to win this war, 
but I don't need your advice on how to lose it. 

BASHIR:
We can't win this war. 

SISKO:
I don't care if the odds are against us. 

If we're going to lose, then we're going to go down fighting so that when our descendents some day rise up against the Dominion someday, they'll know what they're made of. 

BASHIR:
With all due respect, sir, aren't you letting your pride get in your way? 

SISKO:
All right, Doctor. 
You've made your recommendation. 
I'll pass it on to Starfleet Command. 

BASHIR:
Without add your voice to it, they'll dismiss it out of hand. 

SISKO:
I'm counting on it. 

BASHIR:
So we go down fighting. 
How terribly courageous of us.



BASHIR: 
Is there some part of the analysis you didn't understand, because if there is I'd be happy to explain. 

O'BRIEN: 
I understood it perfectly. 
Believe it or not. 

BASHIR: 
That's not what I meant. 
All I'm saying is that you have to look at the bigger picture. 

O'BRIEN: 
I'm trying. 
Maybe I'm too •uncomplicated• to see it. 

BASHIR: 
I didn't say that. 

O'BRIEN: 
You don't have to.
 The way you're acting, you'd think nobody with half a brain could •possibly• disagree with you. 

BASHIR: 
Frankly, I don't see how they •can•. 

O'BRIEN: 
I can see two possible explanations for it :  

Either,

• I'm more feebleminded than you ever realised, OR

•You’re not as smart as you THINK you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment