Wednesday 13 May 2020

Don’t Move My Stuff





ODO: 
Quark! 

QUARK: 
What can I do for you, Constable? 

ODO: 
Dax. Where is she? 

QUARK: 
She's not here. 
Is there anything else I can do for you? 

ODO: 
You find all this very funny, don't you? 
You and Dax probably planned it together. 

QUARK: 
Planned what? 

ODO: 
Moving my furniture. 

QUARK: 
Is that what this is all about? 
Someone moved your furniture?

ODO: 
Not someone. Commander Dax. 

It's the FOURTH time she's done it this past year. 

She BREAKS into my quarters while I'm regenerating, and MOVES all my furniture out of alignment. 

Shifts one piece three centimetres to the left, the next four centimetres to the right. 

Not •one• object in my quarters is where it's supposed to be. 

QUARK: 
And is that a bad thing? 

ODO: 
Everything I own is carefully and painstakingly arranged. 

Dax KNOWS this, and yet she takes a perverse delight in throwing my quarters into CHAOS. 

QUARK: 
I'd hardly call three centimetres “chaos”. 

ODO: 
Maybe you wouldn't, but I do. 

You humanoids are all alike. You have no sense of ORDER. 

And Dax is the most humanoid person I know. 

SISKO [OC]: 
Sisko to Constable Odo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment